Topic Options
#91136 - 08/06/02 09:46 PM Re: PSR 2000 Version question
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by MagicUser:
Mine is the same as Scottyee's. - Brian

hi Brian (MagicUser):
I was surprised to hear that your PSR2000 OS is the same version as mine. I purchased my PSR2000 quite a while back (Nov 2001). In the meantime, I read that several forum members (Linda Fus, Jerryghr, & Rodrigues) who purchased their PSR2000 over 6 months ago, have a newer 'main program' version. Linda & Jerry with main program, 1.20, and Rorigues with main program, 1.10.

FYI: Here are two bug fixes that the later OS (main program: 1.10 and above) addresses:

1) Ability to save 'fingering type' in Registration Memory

2) Registration Memory Contents: Left Voice setting now stored in the 'voice' paramters section. Previously the Left Voice was mistakenly stored in the 'style' parameters section.

#91137 - 08/06/02 09:54 PM Re: PSR 2000 Version question
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Scott, I'm addressing this mostly to you because you keep stating that since Bryan just received his new PSR2000 it should have had the latest chip inside.
Brian bought a model that was on my sales floor. It had been on my floor for a few months. He knew that when he bought it. It still was sold as new with a two year warranty and he received some extra stuff as well at a very reasonable price. He was given the opportunity to purchase a new one in a sealed box or get a special price on the one on the floor. The floor sample was in perfect condition. Not all models brand new in boxes are going to have the same operating system. There are many variables. Again, the operating system issue is not something Brian needs to be concerned with and if he ever wants to upgrade his chip as many of you know from my service, I will personally see to it that Brian get's vip service from my store. Many of my customers who have had the need to contact me regarding a service issue, know how hard I work for them in resolving any and all problems.
Many distributors do not open up new gear to put in new operating systems unless keyboards are malfunctioning because of a bad system. Many times, a manufacturer will send new merchandise not from the factory but from other distributors who might have too much inventory. In these cases, some brand new merchandise can still be received by dealers long after a chip has been replaced. Again, let me stress, this is not the case if the chip is a neccessary chip needed to fix a defect. This would normally be fixed at the distributors facilities.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#91138 - 08/06/02 10:19 PM Re: PSR 2000 Version question
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Scott, I'm addressing this mostly to you because you keep stating that since Bryan just received his new PSR2000 it should have had the latest chip inside.

Keep stating? I believe I only brought this up once. This certainly wasn't meant as an attack on you George. I had initially wondered if perhaps Brian (MagicUser) might had mis-read the test results.

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:

Brian bought a model that was on my sales floor. It had been on my floor for a few months. He knew that when he bought it. It still was sold as new with a two year warranty and he received some extra stuff as well at a very reasonable price

OK, this makes sense to me now.

#91139 - 08/06/02 10:35 PM Re: PSR 2000 Version question
George Kaye Offline

Scott,
My error. I'm sorry for misquoting you. I was just trying to explain why this keyboard might not have had the number chip you were looking for in Bryan's keyboard.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#91140 - 08/07/02 06:39 AM Re: PSR 2000 Version question
Zack Offline

hey all. my version numbers are as follows. main boot: 1.03
main program:1.10
the rest is 1.00

and
*001:Version
i dont know what this means.

also, it depends which Db chord you are hitting. if you hit Db1, then it gives you the options. if you hit Db2, then it automatically runs through all the tests. also, when you hold down the rightmost key, the screen says
entering system setup
or something like that. anyone have any idea what thats about? thanks. Zack

#91141 - 08/07/02 11:52 AM Re: PSR 2000 Version question
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
Scott,
Thank you for the information. George has been very kind and good about supporting everything he said he would. Even when he is busy he was able to help me out. The only problem is he keeps confusing my name spelling with his son's Bryan Ok not a problem (I'm grinning here) It is better than writing Brain (which I get often). I tell people that is the best part of the anotomy to confuse me with

Like I mentioned before I can always press 2 buttons instead of one to compensate if there are minor problems. In my business we say they are "features" not "bugs."

I am pleased with the responses for now on the OS and will keep it as is for now. I knew about the floor model when I asked George from his postings a few months ago. Before I started posting I read the last 2 years worth of information just to make sure I was not repeating the same questions over and over.

Thank you again for all of your help. I have been starting the "course" at the Y2K site. Learning and downloading lots of good stuff. I will let you know if my brain explodes from information overload! (I think I still have lots of room there).

- Brian

#91142 - 08/07/02 01:41 PM Re: PSR 2000 Version question
George Kaye Offline

BRIAN,
I am so sorry I keep mispelling your name. Everyone mispells my son's namd BRYAN with Brian. I'll try my best to keep it straight!
George Kaye (not Kay, as most people spell it!)
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online