SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#90866 - 11/04/07 05:23 AM Styles to music finder
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
hey guys,

quick question. anyone know how if it's possible to take a downloaded style and import it into the music finderon the tyros 2

if it is could someone email me the steps to this process

thanks so much and god bless
Mikey

ps; ive just downloaded skype my user name is mikey_maestro
would love to get a list of skype users

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com
www.balloonanimal.com
www.1000colorcards.com

#90867 - 11/04/07 06:15 AM Re: Styles to music finder
Dnj Offline

Mikey yes it can be done .....I forgot how since I dumped all my Yamahas....but talk to Mr Wizard Gary Diamond
(Travlin easy)....he will guide you thru the process....btw I tried skypin you but no answer.

#90868 - 11/04/07 06:22 AM Re: Styles to music finder
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If it's a Yamaha Style, then most of them already have the MF information and it will be loaded automatically.
Otherwise, you must go into the Music Finder menu (press the button) and pick the information you want to save. Detailed instructions are in the manual and also on PSRTutorial.com
DonM

#90869 - 11/04/07 07:21 AM Re: Styles to music finder
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It's very easy. Download the style(s) you want to use to your USB thumb drive, place the thumb drive in the keyboard, then press any style button, tab to the USB drive, press copy, select the styles you with to use, then tab to the User style area and press Paste.

Now, press the Music Finder button, press Edit (bottom of #8 button) and you can select any of the styles you saved in the USER area. You cannot select styles from the USB or floppy drive and use them in the MFD--they must be either onboard styles or third-party styles that reside in the USER style area ONLY.

The MFD is one of the most overlooked, yet highy effective tools in our keyboards, especially for performing musicians that are concerned with dead time between songs. The greatest advantage is you can store a couple thousand songs on a single page, transfer selected songs for a particular gig to the MFD's Favorites area, and select a song with a single touch of a button.

While some may say you can do the same with registrations, keep in mind that you can only see 10 registrations on a single page. The MFD has all of those mini-registrations on a single page, and you can quickly scroll through them using the Data Wheel, and you can do this while playing and singing another song. Granted, registrations provide more options that can be saved, but when used in conjunction with the MFD the combination of these two tools is unbeatable.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#90870 - 11/04/07 07:23 AM Re: Styles to music finder
Dnj Offline

Gary you Da man!!!!!

#90871 - 11/04/07 07:36 AM Re: Styles to music finder
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
You guys are better than most of my family members

Hope I can return all the favors someday

------------------
God Bless,
Mikey

www.mikeymaestro.com