SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#90322 - 10/04/07 02:16 PM Re: Please HELP: Experiencing Internet Security Suite Problems Again !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Larry. Yeah, though I decided to try & so far very happy with AVG for now, I've read a lot of good things about Avast as well. That said, I just installed the free version of Comodo Firewall Pro and it's really working great. The reason I've now switched from the built-in WindowsXP Firewall to Comodo is because Comodo includes BOTH incoming AND outgoing firewall protection, whereas the built in Windows XP firewall software only supports incoming protection: Feature comparison between Comodo Firewa...wall protection

- Scott

#90323 - 10/04/07 07:29 PM Re: Please HELP: Experiencing Internet Security Suite Problems Again !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Scott,
we are unable to get reservations in Pismo Beach so won't make your concert gig on the 14th. It looks like the word is out and you have filled up the entire town and all it's RV parks.
So....we will go directly to Lancaster from Home. Maybe next time.
I sent you an email but I see from this thread your computer is having problems so decided to post it here too.
Best to ya,
Bebop

#90324 - 10/05/07 09:07 AM Re: Please HELP: Experiencing Internet Security Suite Problems Again !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Scott, we are unable to get reservations in Pismo Beach so won't make your concert gig on the 14th. It looks like the word is out and you have filled up the entire town

Right, ticket sales are already nearly sold out for my annual concert there so the hall's gonna be packed. Bebop, sorry you can't make it this year. In the meantime, perhaps I can stop in & visit you & Jann in San Jose sometime, and have an opportunity to checkout your Roland E80 as well.

Back to the topic of:

Internet Security Programs:

Having now installed the FREE versions of AVG Anti Virus and Ad-Aware, I've now discovered both of them only support manually initiated computer file scans, and don't support setting up 'automatic scans' at scheduled intervals times/dates.

Though AVG's 'virus definitions' can be scheduled to be checked during a specified time ONCE a day, automatic 24 hours a day LIVE updating isn't supported, at least with the free edition of the program.

Realizing these FREE program version limitations, curious how others here who are using the free editions of: AVG anti-virus, Ad-Adaware, and Spybot work with the above limitations. Do you guys set up some kind of reminder to yourself to make usre you 'manually scan' your computer for virus's & spyware (once/twice a week?), and do you have to remember to turn on your PC during a specified time everyday to ensure the latest AVG virus defintions are automatically checked & updated?

Assuming the PRO versions of these programs provide 24 hour automatic live updating and automatically scheduled scan features, wondering if any of you have any interest in upgrading to the paid version of these programs. Thanks again for feedback.

Scott

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online