SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#89960 - 01/07/05 11:23 AM Bugs on G70
twice Offline

Loc: Skive, Denmark
Hello
I just found a bugs on the G 70.
If I change the something on the style page - let say I change the volume of acc 2
and then go out of the style page and choose another style, the volume of acc 2 is wrong and use the setting I set in their other style. I hope someone can answer that.

#89961 - 01/07/05 11:50 AM Re: Bugs on G70
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm not sure that's a bug. The kn7000 worked like that, and I WISH the Yamaha did.
Here's the reason:
You're playing a big band arrangement and the trumpets are just too harsh or loud ... so you turn them down a bit (or even mute them) .... then just b4 the song ends, a couple ventures onto the floor during the last 4 bars .......
To give them a fair shake, and still keep the rest of the crowd from getting bored at yet ANOTHER verse of the same song that's already 4 minutes long ..... you switch to a different Swing pattern and start a new song in the same tempo and same general feel ....... now, in this new arrangement - I want the same treatment of the trumpets. I like the fact that they stay at the level I set when this dance marathon started!

That's just one opinion of how it could be a good thing. I miss that feature.
There are lots of patterns that I like to "thin out" without writing user styles or registrations.

#89962 - 01/07/05 12:41 PM Re: Bugs on G70
to the genesys Offline

Could there be a button on the G 70 that toggles so when you press it the keyboard will remember the volume changes when you move from style to style? And when you press the button again, it will not remember the volume changes when you move from style to style?

#89963 - 01/07/05 12:45 PM Re: Bugs on G70
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My guess is that maybe the settings are stored in the currently selected registration. They may go to the whatever default postition is written. Worth a look see?

#89964 - 01/07/05 01:20 PM Re: Bugs on G70
twice Offline

Loc: Skive, Denmark
Okay here is what I think.
Is there a funktions that can make them to initalies, I know I can make a reg. and this way initalies the setting when I pick up that reg.

#89965 - 01/07/05 03:01 PM Re: Bugs on G70
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
With my XP-60 it will reset to the default sound if you change sounds. To fix this you have to write the edited sound onto your user patch to keep the dynamics you want. I dont know exactly how the g70 operates, but my Roland is the same way.

Phil

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online