Topic Options
#89939 - 03/25/01 12:06 PM Oriental Keyboards
Joe,Joey,JoJo Offline

Loc: Detroit USA
Hello all

I am a keyboardest from Detroit Mi..
and i play arabic,assyrian,chaldean,turkish
basiclly middle eastern..

Now I have a korg i30 and i think this is the best ARRANGER keyboard there is i really think its the best..its very easy to use love the touch view..the sounds are not all that but they can be tuned...

But i heard so much about this solton X1 oriental... whats so special about it people in the site here talk about it every day..
how are the sounds the drums, is it easy to use,can you make your own styels,is it good for stage or studio, does it have the arabic scale buttons on the keyboard it self or you have to get a box and whats the price ??

and one last question i have a M1 to play arabic solos and it still rocks what do you guys think of the TRITON ? for arabic solo sounds

thank you
Joey

#89940 - 03/25/01 02:16 PM Re: Oriental Keyboards
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Joe

I have not used the X1, but you might be interested in the MIDI-Style-Atlas Yahoo Group, which has some Middle Easter styles for all keyboards, including the i30. Also, if you have some, you might upload to the files section for others to use.

Clif

#89941 - 03/25/01 03:20 PM Re: Oriental Keyboards
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
HI Joe
I live in Dearborn heights Michigan also and I use the X1 oriental, the Arabic styles and drum kits are unbelievable really the best I’ve ever heard, sound wise it's ok but don't forget there is 8 mb of sample ram wich's in my opinion is a big plus over the I30 and personally I was never too crazy over the I30 sounds but again it's a personnel taste.
If you want drop me an email maybe you can give me a call and I’ll let you hear it.
Eddy

#89942 - 03/25/01 05:31 PM Re: Oriental Keyboards
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Joey,
Eddy knows alot about the X1oriental keyboard. I am a dealer in California and I speak with Eddy often. You can count on him to fill you in. I'll just offer these words. ...I have sold many different keyboards over the past 31 years and I have sold i30's as well as many other top middle eastern type keyboards. The Solton has become the favorite among my customers with the Generalmusic a close second. You can have 12 dedicated buttons on the keyboard to pick a different tuning and if you want to just change one note you can use the 13 pedal board sold by Solton . You do not need a box to do quarter tone tuning and save many memories. On the Generalmusic WK series you can only have one programmed tuning if you don't buy their AS1 box. If you need prices you can email me please. We are not supposed to exchange prices if we are dealers on this forum. I sometimes give general prices of what you should be able to purchase a product for but the moderator of this site doesn't like the exchange of buyers and sellers on his site.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda,California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online