Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#89884 - 10/06/05 06:25 PM Re: Tyros2 Cool New Feature #3
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Theoretically, if you insert a bluetooth USB device into the keyboard, and another into your computer, you should have no problem with wireless access. However be aware that bluetooth is quite slow.

Hi Chony, I have a bluetooth enabled cell phone (Motorola Razr) and use it primariy for wireless headset convenience, and occasional transfer of data (pics, addressbook info, etc) between my phone & PC. I concur with you that Bluetooth's much slower than USB. Though I won't use the Bluetooth connection for moving large (audio) files back/forth between my PC & Tyros2, it will be a convenient way to transfer newly edited Tyros styles, registrations, and MusicFinder Files edited on the PC, back/forth between my PC & Tyros. If nothing else, it's a lot of fun to watch the data somehow magically pass thru thin air from one device to the other. - Scott

#89885 - 10/06/05 09:47 PM Re: Tyros2 Cool New Feature #3
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Guys,

Sorry to dampen your wireless dreams, but I don't think you will be able to use the networking interface (wireless or otherwise) to connect to your PC any more than the present PSR3000 owners can do it. I'm afraid you will still have to use the USB cables. I don't believe you will be able to use Bluetooth or WiFi (802.11x) or even ethernet wires to connect Tyros to your PC for transferring anything at all.

The only purpose of the Tyros2 network connection is to connect to Yamaha web site and entice you to purchase styles, midi files, and sounds from them.

I will be extremely surprised if this is not the case.

I think that a built-in Bluetooth connection for an arranger keyboard is an excellent idea, though. You can find BT HiFi stereo headphones today. With the BT connection, you could have the keyboard wirelessly connected to your PA. Don't know about you, but for me running the wires from the keyboard and PA is a major annoyance, as well as a trip hazard. If I could replace them with the reliable wireless connection, I'd be a happy camper.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K (edited 10-06-2005).]

#89886 - 10/07/05 09:24 PM Re: Tyros2 Cool New Feature #3
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Alex

I am pretty sure it's possible to move files wirelessly from your computer to the Tyros2. Yamaha has a software program posted on their Tyros2 site that looks like it is used for this purpose. It is like a file transfer utility that works with MIDI, style, Reg and other data files. I hope it's not like the one they gave us for the original Tyros. That one sucked because it was so painfully slow.

Tom G.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online