SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#89871 - 11/24/01 05:42 PM Anybody selling Roland RA-800 ?
Denis007 Offline

Loc: Ottawa,ONT,CANADA
Hello,

I would like to buy used RA-800 module.
Please let me know if you have one for me.

Thanks

#89872 - 11/24/01 07:46 PM Re: Anybody selling Roland RA-800 ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Denis,
Hmmm. Interesting. I used to own a Roland RA800 module unit myself, and I'm glad I sold it (about 3 years ago). I found it extremely awkward (if not impossible) to view & access it's buttons & screen, especially when using it in tandem with a separate keyboard controller board. If you are an accordian player, the RA800 may be a great setup, but if you play a 61, 76 or 88 note keyboard, I'd highly recommend against an arranger module type unit. For arranger keyboard playing, all the arranger functions (start/stop, fills, pads, sound/style buttons) need to be situated right at your fingertips (above the keybed) and this is just not possible with an arranger module unit. Just my personal opinion. - Scott

#89873 - 11/25/01 07:53 AM Re: Anybody selling Roland RA-800 ?
Denis007 Offline

Loc: Ottawa,ONT,CANADA
Hi Scottyee,

I agree with you on this.
The only reason why I am thinking of buying a module is the fact that there is no pro arranger with such "soft" keys as yamaha. I personaly don't like yamaha arrangers and therefore my intention was to "borrow" keys from my Cs1x and merge it with a module.
That is why I'm disappointed with the lack of new modules on the market.
WK2 is missing standard sequencer with .mid file recording and X4 is really too big(2/3 of Cs1x lenght).
I would like to see for how much I can get RA-800 nowdays and if it still has high price probably I will go for a used X1 oriental, which means I will have to say buy to my Cs1x.

Thanks S.

D.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online