SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#89868 - 04/07/01 03:57 PM FREE Pc to Pc and PC to Telephone! Works GREAT
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
hi fellow Arranger Keyboard Friends around the world!

I recently discovered the wonders of internet telephone which allows you to talk to anyone around the world for FREE via your PC. This is truly amazing as I have been able to talk for FREE (PC to PC or PC to phone) to many of the wonderful people I have met on this arranger keyboard message board forum. I have been experiencing excellent sounding voice connections to friends all around the world.

My favorite method is via ICQ telephone.ICQ also supports instant message chats and other excellent features. Using ICQ telephone, you can connect and talk (unlimited time) for FREE (PC to PC) with any other ICQ member around the world. ICQ Membership is also FREE. All you need is a PC headphone/mic combination set which you can purchase relatively cheaply at any office or computer supply chain store. It is important to get a combination headset/mic unit which includes separate jacks (2) for pluging into your computer's mic and speaker(headphone) jacks respectively. I have a Plantronics brand model #LS1 combo headset/mic unit which has very good sound. I got mine for $29 (US Dollars) at Office Depot. There are also other cheaper options but I particularly liked the lightweight comfortable fit of the LS1.

You can checkout and sign up for ICQ at: http://www.icq.com/download/

If any of you are interested in chatting with me on ICQ, either via ICQ instant messaging or FREE PC to PC phone, here is
my ICQ number: 19921774

Another service I find valuable to save on long distance calls within the USA is thru Dialpad. With Dialpad, you can call anywhere within the USA (PC to phone) for FREE. This means you can call ANY regular telphone (via your PC) for unlimited time for FREE 24 hours a day. Great for those long distance technical support calls where they leave you on hold forever while the long distance toll charges rack up. This eliminates this problem completely. I have been experiencing excellent sounding connections on Dialpad as well. Most all the people I have called think I'm calling on a regular phone. You can checkout Dialpad at:
www.dialpad.com

I'm look forward to finally having the opportunity to talk with many of my fellow synthzone arranger keyboard members in person by FREE PC telphone. If you're interested in chatting, please email me. Irregardless, let this be the opportunity to connect and chat on the telephone for FREE "person to person" with other members on the forum as well.

The best to all.... and
HAPPY ARRANGER KEYBOARD PLAYING!

- Scott http://scottyee.com

#89869 - 04/08/01 07:16 PM Re: FREE Pc to Pc and PC to Telephone! Works GREAT
Rube Offline

Hi Scotty
Hey was great chatting with ya on line the other day...to bad the my sound did not work for the phone thing...was an honor talking to a talented artist and exchanging ideas and also the kind words about my music...I have been trying to get in touch with people from the Korg forum for the longest in a chat place with no suscess, since im a Korg user..wish more people would join up in ICQ and chat and talk..Ive always been reading this and the Korg forum but hardly ever posted anything, just read all the reviews, comments, etc. but let me tell ya..felt great to really get to chat finally with Scotty :-) Had a great time, to many questions..LOL..Im a rookie in all this and I love it...
Best Regards..Rube:-)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online