SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#89281 - 09/16/10 12:20 PM Re: This makes Me Fell Really BAD!
Zydecat Offline

Loc: Lansing, MI
Russ, that really sucks. My adrenelin rises just reading about it. I hope your son finds a safer occupation or, better yet, the company takes appropriate steps to protect their drivers.

Michigan has some of the highest crime rate cities going - Saginaw, Flint, and Detroit for example. I find myself reverting to "combat alert" whenever I have to be in crowds in those places - bad for me and bad for others.

Crime is nothing new, but the level of violence and utter disregard for others prevalent these days is beyond disgusting. Hard to remember sometimes that the vast majority of people remain just decent folks.

I hear you on the helplessness, too. My daughter in FL recently had a Nikon she'd saved a year for and all her ID, credit cards, etc. stolen out of her truck in the middle of the day with people all around. A-holes watched her then broke a window to nab her stuff hidden in the cab. Sad part is the perps used her CC wihin half an hour at a local gas station and tried to pawn the camera at a local place the next day. She orted both these facts to the police, but they never got around to viewing the gas station's security video or questioning the pawn shop. When she called to tell me my first instinct was to grab a flight to Orlando and kick some ass.

Heck of a world we live in, eh?

Peace and safety to you and your family.

#89282 - 09/18/10 06:03 AM Re: This makes Me Fell Really BAD!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Sorry to hear that Russ, I hope your son has a speedy and complete recovery, and hope he doesn't pick up and carry any "residue" from the attack (mental scars).

People are getting angrier and the world is becoming more dangerous every day. Just a couple of hours ago, I saw 2-3 semitruck drivers trying to punch someone sitting in a car, over a road related incident (right of way or something in that silly capacity). The Greek government has truck drivers by the balls over some work related matters and those tried to unload their fury to the car driver.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online