SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#89220 - 09/08/10 07:39 AM Re: Great motorcycle ride.....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, I'm like you. Don't really want my main two-wheeler to be a (UGH) scooter, but am preparing for that when it happens.

My problem right now is my left hand and the clutch on a motorcycle.

Ideally, I'd like a SYM 500cc, but they don't make one. Kymco is my choice, since I've had such good luck with my 2002 Kymco 150. They're GREAT...better, I think than some of the brands known better around here.

World-wide, they're "top tier" bikes.

The only thing stopping me from getting one in January (2011 model) is there is no dealership in Lexington. My long-time friend and small motor guy was the dealer. They pulled the line-gave it to a larger bike shop, and that shop stopped handling the line recently. Nod will keep things running for me, but initial warranty issues are a possible problem.

64 1/2 year old "scooter nerd"...ain't that a bitch?

Russ (nerd boy) Lay

#89221 - 09/08/10 07:58 AM Re: Great motorcycle ride.....
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Russ, stop worrying. 64 1/2 is the new......uh, 64. Of course you already know this (from riding your 150), but, 'twist and go' is pretty easy to get used to if you ride in traffic a lot. Except for the way they handle the 'twisties', I don't find a lot of difference between the scooters and the 'real' bikes. Be safe.

chas

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online