Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#88644 - 12/22/09 02:47 PM Re: Tilt Shift Effect
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Russ.

Quote:
The effective meg's on the smaller one is about 110 (lots of variables), and the bigger one goes to about 180-200.

That's some serious resolution. I've stitched together a few photos taken with my 25Mega Pixel a900 and it generates some pretty large file sizes. You must have tons of RAM in your PC to be able to work with 200Mega Pixel images.

Quote:
The good news is, day rate for one qualified shooter is $2100.00, and a shooter and one assistant bills out at $2500.00.The top guys in the field get lots more than that.

Ooohh very nice. Think I will have to move over to America. Ireland is in a pretty bad state at the moment over the recession.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 12-22-2009).]

#88645 - 12/23/09 08:43 AM Re: Tilt Shift Effect
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
James, the digital back has settings to use the level you need. Generally, about 45 meg gives you the superior resolution you need for an 11"x17" center spread. The real reason for the use of the view cameras is for composition to very tight layouts and parralax correction for the "straight parallel line" effect required for most types of industrial/commercial work.

The people who make all the cash are the producers. Wew don't do stand-alone photography at all, but rather do the photography for collateral materials and packaging which we completely produce (design, illustration, layout, copy, etc.).
A finished 16 pager printed in a quantity of 50,000 bills out at about $75,000.00.

That's "top shelf" work for a large automobile manufacturer or similar organization.

The downside is, it's not nearly as much fun to do images of, say the guts of an electrical circuit breaker than to do some of the stuff you've posted.

But in photography, art, music...most creative ventures, the fun stuff never pays well.

Regsrds,

Russ (sell out for the dough) Lay

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online