SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8792 - 11/20/08 02:37 PM Keyboard Purchase Help and Advice
BG Eagle Offline

Loc: Birmingham., AL, USA
I am 61 years old, retired, love music and would like to be able to do some casual performing with my two grandaughters, ages 10 and 7. I have been considering something along the lines of a Yamaha PSR-S900. I don't play keyboard very well. I do play a little guitar and I'm working on learning the fiddle. I'm wondering if the 900 will help me or will I get bogged down trying to program? Any help would be appreciated.

#8793 - 11/20/08 02:58 PM Re: Keyboard Purchase Help and Advice
BBBB Offline

Hi Bald Eagle. First of all its great what you're doing. I assume that you want the "band in the box "accompaniments" and that you want to be able to press a button and play along with the band. If thats the case you don't need to worry about a lot of programming, you don't need more than 61 keys, or weighted keys. Pick a keyboard in your price range that has a lot of styles, that sounds good, feels good for you, easy to see buttons. If your eyes are like mine you will find a larger touch screen is very useful. Apart from that everybody has their own preferences. I use a Roland E60 but good luck finding one in music stores. Hope this helps. Cheers. Brian

#8794 - 11/20/08 02:59 PM Re: Keyboard Purchase Help and Advice
BBBB Offline

Like I said eyes like mine. Sorry meant BG Eagle.!!!

Cheers!

Brian

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online