SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#87893 - 11/25/08 09:28 AM Rhondo music ordering process STINKS!
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Just spent a frustrating hour trying to order a neat little lap steel and matching stand from these guys. Nigel connected me with Kurt at Rhondo. They have neat stuff, and I've ordered from them several times before.

This time, I gave up after an hour. What a frustrating mess. At my billable rate, it cost me $75.00 more in lost billing than the cost of the total order, including shipping.

Emailed with my phone number and told them that if they wanted an order-call me-otherwise, FORGET IT!

I'm betting I never hear from them.

Their loss.

Russ

#87894 - 11/25/08 02:04 PM Re: Rhondo music ordering process STINKS!

Heard from Kurt. They don't take phone orders at all. I've asked them to remove my name so I don't get all the repetitive emails.

Absolutely the worst internet supplier I've ever encountered.

What the hell ever happened to customer service? I'm not going to dance through endless hoops to try to convince someone to sell me something and to figure out their convoluted system of placing orders.

I'm really pissed off at these jerks.

R.

#87895 - 11/26/08 12:45 PM Re: Rhondo music ordering process STINKS!

Getting a series of totally stupid emails from these guys. It would have taken a lot less time to make one call, and they would have actually sold something. Do they really expect to do any significant business if they're not available via the phone for questions? Now, they say that it's my responsibility to unsubscribe to their mailing list. I didn't subscribe, but started getting their emails after my first order.
That's illegal! And, they've indicated there's some kind of problem from their side in getting messages. What a joke!

I did not place other orders with them for cases, etc. because I needed to ask questions.

I'm using this company as an example of the worst business communications practices practices in electronic communication in a college level communications class I'm teaching in January.

Man, I'm pissed off at these fools!

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online