SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#87649 - 10/17/08 06:30 AM Wall Street joke....
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Once upon a time there was a village, where a man, (let's name him Jerry), announced to the farmers that he was to buy live monkeys for $10 each.

The farmers, knowing that the forest around the village was full of monkeys, went out, cought many, and got paid as promised, until there were so few monkeys that catching them was a chore.

Jerry then announced that he was to pay $20 for each monkey delivered, farmers again sprad in the forest and returned with enough, leaving even fewer in the forest.

Next, Jerry offered $25 for each monkey, and farmers again went hunting, until very few of them were left in the forest.

Jerry then announced that he was going to pay $60 for each of the (almost extinct) monkeys, but since he had important meetings elsewhere, the actual transaction was going to be handled by his assistant.

The assistant gathered the farmers and said:
"Look, Jerry has gathered a barn full of monkeys. I will sell them to you for $45 each, and when Jerry comes back you can sell them to him for $60."

The farmers tried hard to gather the required money and bought the monkeys...............

...... and never saw Jerry or his assistant again.

Welcome to Wall Street!!!!

#87650 - 10/17/08 09:11 AM Re: Wall Street joke....
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I sent this to everyone I know. It is not a joke, it is the best explanation of Wall St. and the stock market I've ever seen.

#87651 - 10/17/08 12:41 PM Re: Wall Street joke....
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Wall Street is a joke...PERIOD!

Russ

#87652 - 10/18/08 05:31 PM Re: Wall Street joke....
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
So sad but so true.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online