SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#87583 - 09/15/08 10:01 AM Politics
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
I will not get into any debates about politics. I am leaning in a certain direction. I will vote, not just sit & bitch about the country.

Democratic & Republican politicians both can be put in a big bag and if you reach into the bag and pull one out chances are he or she isn't worth a damn. There still a lot of good people in congress but changes do need to be made, in both parties.

I just read an interesting (12 page long) article on John McCain’s 2000 election efforts. Very interesting read, some folks may enjoy it. The Author just died and it's the only reason I discovered of the article.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/18420304/the_weasel_twelve_monkeys_and_the_shrub

#87584 - 09/15/08 04:19 PM Re: Politics
Notes_Norton Offline

Loc: Ft. Pierce, FL , USA
I only know one thing.

If you like the Bush economy, the watering down of the anti-trust laws that have allowed companies like BP/Amoco to merge (British Petroleum/American Oil Company - and a woman I knew who worked for BP got her paychecks from Standard Oil of Ohio - the same people that now own Exxon Mobil - now you know why the gas prices are so high), if you like the fact that nobody has any money, if you want to say in Iraq for 100 years and go to war with Russia, then vote republican.

If you like people who tell you they are going to cut your taxes and shrink the government while they contract the government work out to Blackwater, Halliburton and other companies at premium rates -- and they do it on credit so our dollar becomes worth less and everything costs more (is that a hidden tax increase) then vote republican.

Remember, McCain is old, may not make it. If he goes, what do we get? A woman who cannot control her own children, who shoots endangered animals from an airplane, who doesn't believe in global warming, and who said (in our newspaper) that we should go to war with Russia. If you want things to get worse, vote republican.

I have no love for the democrats either, but right now they seem to be the lesser of the two evils. The republicans have had the reins for 8 years now, but life for all of the US was better when Clinton was president (and no, I didn't vote for him either).

The country is in bad shape, the republicans were running the show so it is their mismanagement that has done that. If you want a change, vote for a change, not for the same thing (who says it will be a change).

And remember, when republican Reagan was president (another NeoCon) we had gas lines and out of sight gas prices.

At least the democrats spend our tax money at home (welfare, etc.) so it stays in the US instead of overseas.

Notes

[This message has been edited by Notes_Norton (edited 09-15-2008).]

#87585 - 09/15/08 04:53 PM Re: Politics
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
I got it & respect your opinion!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online