SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#87065 - 05/16/07 09:20 PM You Know You're An Ebay Seller When...
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Your children are banned from using the word "Ebay" at yard sales or thrift stores...

You do the happy dance over a box of free bubble wrap you manage to snatch when you're mall walking at closing time...

Everytime something comes up missing in the house your husband and kids accuse you of selling it on Ebay...

When you want to leave positive feedback for the guy at taco bell when he gets your order out fast...

Even your kids start yelling at you to clean up your mess...

You've asked your neighbors and friends not to throw anything away without showing it to you first...

You turn over the plates at every restaurant to look at the maker's mark...

You check the classified section for garage and estate sales even when you already have so much to sell you can hardly move... and still you go hunting for more...

You start taking reference books with you into the bathroom instead of this week's National Enquirer...

When you have successfully organized the Dumpster Diving Annonymous Society (DDAS) to save endangered bubble wrap and foam padding from going to the landfill...

You have a "reserved" parking spot at the post office...

When you go to sign a check and you start to sign it with your Ebay User ID...

In the mornings, you stagger to the computer before your eyes are even open...

Your work clothes and pajamas are now one and the same...

You can quote postage rates and shipping rules for people off the top of your head...

You know you're an Ebay seller when the only way to get you off the computer posting and running auctions is to pry your cold dead hands from the keyboard!!

#87066 - 05/17/07 01:00 PM Re: You Know You're An Ebay Seller When...
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Very recognizable

By the way Taike, did you recieve my two E-mails???

Fred

#87067 - 05/17/07 02:33 PM Re: You Know You're An Ebay Seller When...
Taike Offline

Hi Fred,

Shame on me twice! Yes, I did receive your two messages but I only found out after your post. Hadn't checked my mail for over a week! You'll have mail this weekend!!

Taike

#87068 - 05/23/07 01:11 PM Re: You Know You're An Ebay Seller When...
freddynl Offline

For Taike,

So, where do I send the postcard?

#87069 - 05/24/07 09:41 AM Re: You Know You're An Ebay Seller When...
Taike Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by freddynl:
For Taike,

So, where do I send the postcard?

Hi Fred,

I sent you a message but it bounced due to my own stupidity. Had a typo. Well, it looks like I'll have to give it another shot.

Geez, postcards. I haven't sent any so far. I had no reason to go to town so I thought I'd better wait till I have to go downtown. Shame on me! I will actually have to go downtown this week so I'd better start finish writing them.

I'll email you the address along with the other message.

So how have you been doing? I'm fine and so is my wife and Mapanoy. I'm about to start working again although I kinda like this feeling of having nothing to do. Doesn't mean that I've been idling around for I've cleaned up a huge yard. Had a couple of close calls with falling coconuts and jackfruit. Rather have the latter than the former drop on my head,
though. Also visit the temple about every day and talk to the monks and novices. Life's slowpaced here and that's what I love about Laos. There's no rush. Makes me wonder how I could've survived Taiwan's rush as there time's not money but rather a fortune, the way they move around.

Time for bed as it's way past my usual bedtime.

Talk to you soon, Fred.

#87070 - 05/25/07 12:41 PM Re: You Know You're An Ebay Seller When...
freddynl Offline

Hello Taike
You have mail

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online