SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86936 - 10/14/05 06:34 AM tempus fugits ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Yesterday I made it official and announced my plans to retire from my 'day job' in early 2007 ... Had to do it so far in advance because I have a position with a fair amount of responsibility, and since my 'second in command' doesn't want it we have to search for a replacement ...
I'vehad this in mind for a long time, but actually saying it yesterday really drove it home ...
It's a great job, my staff is aces, and 'boss' leaves me alone ... I will really miss it when the time comes, ...
BUT, then I can concentrate full time on my dream of being a rock star !!! ...
t.

#86937 - 10/14/05 07:11 AM Re: tempus fugits ...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Way to go, Tony...in today's economy, it's a miracle if ANYONE retires...most jobs held by people over 50 are "eliminated".

I personally think that musicians make GREAT employees...younger thinking, can relate better to young associates and customers and are less resistant to change.

Too bad most day jobs start so damn early in the morning. I like to start of slow in the morning and then "taper off".

Best of luck. I tried to call just to say Hi, but got your machine. Duh, you were at work1

Russ

#86938 - 10/14/05 08:48 AM Re: tempus fugits ...
tony mads usa Offline

. thnx for the call, russ ... that's where I am ...
In 2007 I will be in my 40th year working for this organization !!! ... (I started as in intern in grade school ...NOT!!! )
t.

#86939 - 10/14/05 09:04 AM Re: tempus fugits ...
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
An old gentleman once gave me some good advice....YOU CAN NOT BUY TIME.

So I retired at 55 and I appear to get younger every day.

Good for you that you have taken the step.

#86940 - 10/14/05 11:26 AM Re: tempus fugits ...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm not gonna' retire. Carol says I can retire, but I have to wait till three days after I'm dead. Therefore, I figgure that if I have something to do every day, I don't have time to die, thus retirement is out of the question.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#86941 - 10/14/05 11:53 AM Re: tempus fugits ...
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
You Guy's are certainly talk'in a lot of sense .

I've learn't something ,many thanks .

Giovanni

#86942 - 10/14/05 12:33 PM Re: tempus fugits ...
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Therefore, I figgure that if I have something to do every day, I don't have time to die, thus retirement is out of the question.
Cheers,
Gary

Gary , I guess it depends on one's definition of 'retire' ... I plan to retire from my "9 to 5" (or thereabouts), but certainly not from life ... I plan to work more gigs in the 'senior' circuit; I've had an offer to work a couple of days a week in as a 'ranger' on a golf course during the season (FREE GOLF !!!), etc; . ... and OF COURSE pursue R 'n' R STARDOM!!!
No couch potato here...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 10-14-2005).]

#86943 - 10/14/05 01:28 PM Re: tempus fugits ...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Great Tony Just great.
Let us all chip in and buy Tony a ticket to San Jose for the Tyros 2 Jam session next year. ooooooooooops first we got to buy him a Tyros 2. Hey Dan O, we need a real deal for Tony.
I retired from a reasonable slow life in my business at age 50, married a young good looking blonde and been going 100 miles an hour every since.
Now at age 74 I am ready to retire from the 100 miles an hour gig. I would like to get down to about 50 MPH
Bebop

#86944 - 10/14/05 05:52 PM Re: tempus fugits ...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I was tired yesterday. I am re-tired today.

Actually, I did retire from a stressful career in 1981 to do what I really like. No regrets.

I Yam what I Yam AHA

Eddie

#86945 - 10/15/05 07:09 AM Re: tempus fugits ...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
YO EDDIE,
We must have went to different schools together
That is when I retired from my businesses also.
We bought a RV and headed to the Florida Pan handle for the winter. In the Spring we went traveling around the USA and didn't come home for 5 years. Now that I have been back home for 18 years I have bought a new motorhome 35 feet with two super slides and getting ready to go do it again. Soon as I can get Jann Retired
Best to you dude. Keep on keeping on
Bebop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online