SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#86910 - 09/10/07 02:08 PM Re: A sad personal day...BE PREPARED!
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
George's funeral was Saturday at an old, historic African Methodist church. He was a highly respected member of the congregation and of the community as well. He was recognized for his contribution to local religious music and for teaching local kids the fundamentals of jazz.

It was a fitting send-off to my dear friend.
I really appreciate your concern and kindness.

Russ

#86911 - 09/13/07 05:08 AM Re: A sad personal day...BE PREPARED!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Russ, I'm very sorry for your loss and for my late reading of this thread.

This has been an extraordinary year for losing precious life. I personally don't cope very well to losses like this, so I can imagine what you are going through. I think the best response is to celebrate the life of the individual and in George's case, why not have a memorial concert or JAM in his honor with his musical friends? I did this for a close friend of mine who was a fantastic bass player. Since music is usually from the heart, it is a great homage to the individual to share yourself with his soul.

Great advice on the DNR, I would also recommend getting, at the very minimum, a large term life insurance policy to cover both you AND your spouse. I'm not an insurance salesman, but after 9/11, I re-evaluated all of my affairs and met with several financial planners (I fortunately work for Merrill Lynch), and setup my financial affairs with my wife at my side. We pay through the nose for an Annuitized insurance policy, plus I am covered under my work umbrella. At the very least, all my debt is covered and my wife will have an annuity to live on.

And lastly, I also visit the doctor every 6 months. It's funny as I get older how many more doctors I have? What's with that?

I now visit my general internist, urologist, orthopedist (knees), nutritionist, chiropractor, dentist, orthodontist, Opthomologist, and proctologist (or is that my attorney, i forget).

I guess what I'm getting at is this; Turn a negative into a positive and for Georges sake, take care of yourself, your family, and your finances.

Peace!

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#86912 - 09/13/07 08:11 AM Re: A sad personal day...BE PREPARED!

Thanks, Al. We had a small jazz jam session the night before the funeral. Alternated between the jam and paying a solo album George recorded
about 10 years back.

Thanks so much!

R.

#86913 - 09/14/07 09:16 AM Re: A sad personal day...BE PREPARED!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Russ, I don't visit this thread very often. Very sorry for the loss of your friend. I remember you mentioned him to me when we spoke some weeks ago. May he RIP!

#86914 - 09/14/07 12:39 PM Re: A sad personal day...BE PREPARED!

Thanks, Steve. Now, back to the G-70 and other new toys!

R.

#86915 - 10/06/07 11:58 AM Re: A sad personal day...BE PREPARED!
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Russ -

Please accept my heartfelt, albeit belated, condolances.

You also have my respect for the dignified way you cared for your friend in life and in death...

Well done, Sir...

Regards-

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online