Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#86862 - 03/16/05 07:22 AM Re: Scott Yee Sick with FLU
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
...if you cant sing entertain them in other ways

Yeah! Caughing on the table - I don't remember when I saw it the last time...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#86863 - 03/16/05 11:59 AM Re: Scott Yee Sick with FLU
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I figure Scott must be getting better. UPS guy just left and didn't deliver Scott's Tyros.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#86864 - 03/17/05 11:14 AM Re: Scott Yee Sick with FLU
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I believe in the show must go on mentality and do it nigtly Flu or not...if you cant sing entertain them in other ways

Donny, not sure if your statement was meant in jest or not, but no matter how macho the intention, knowing that many of us here (you and me included) play for older audiences (including retirement-nursing homes), exposing them to highly contagious illness' like the flu is downright irresponsible. I myself am particularly sensitive to making sure I'm in good health especially when playing these venues.

As far as general audience performance venues go. Many years ago, I learned the hard way. I went back to work (singing & playing at my regular piano bar lounge gig) before I had fully recovered. What a mistake. Not only was my voice & performace not up to snuff, but getting thru the gig was miserably grueling as well, and I ended up getting a terrible relapse and thrown back in bed (and out of commission) far longer than if I had just stayed home a few days longer. My advice to everyone here is to 'listen' to your body.

Stage performance is hard work both physically & mentally. You need the physical energy & strength to handle it before resuming work. It's not worth risking your health to a night's missed performance & pay. I always keep a list of entertainer subs to call upon in case of emergency or illness like this. My doctor has ordered that I not return to work till at least this coming weekend. That said, dissappointingly, for the first time, this will be the first St Patricks Day in memory that I'll not be working.

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I figure Scott must be getting better. UPS guy just left and didn't deliver Scott's Tyros.
Gary

Gary, don't expect a Tyros delivery at your door (from me) anytime soon. As Gov Arnold says: I'll be Back! I'm feeling a lot better so plan to be performing (with the Tyros) this weekend.

- Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#86865 - 03/17/05 01:57 PM Re: Scott Yee Sick with FLU
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:

I think my wife is coming down with it now, or maybe it is just a bad cold as we both had flu shots a few months ago.
Jann is home today coughing constantly trying to spread enough germs around to give it to me too
Y'all get better soon
Bebop[/B]

LUCKY ME. Jann managed to pass her crud on to me and now she has gone back to hide in her downtown office. I guess I will just pass it on to Rocky Dawg.
Cough, cough ook.
Bebop

#86866 - 03/17/05 04:29 PM Re: Scott Yee Sick with FLU
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Scott,
Sorry to be so late with this get well message! Typical Tony....you are almost well before I get to post!

Glad to hear that your good self and the TY will soon be back in action (although a little sad to think of Gary watching at the window for UPS in vain )

Best wishes to you
Tony

#86867 - 03/23/05 12:03 AM Re: Scott Yee Sick with FLU
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tony, thanks for your well wishes. I'm finally recovering, but believe it or not, after 2 weeks, my voice is still not back in good (singing) shape yet. This definitely has been one the more challenging illness' (including post laryingitis/cough) I've ever had to contend with and has greatly impacted my performance schedule and resulting income this month. It's been a slow recovery. On the plus side, I've been focussing on polishing up & improving my keyboard chops.

Bebop, I hope you & Jann didn't end up getting the SAME flu bug I got. Lucky for 'Rocky, dawg's don't get human flu virus'. Bebop & Jann. Hope you get well soon.

- Scott

#86868 - 03/25/05 12:20 AM Re: Scott Yee Sick with FLU
KN_Fan Offline

Last time I got sick was around October, and since then I had been able to dodge the bullet until this last Saturday...didn't really get sick, but I had that "on the verge of getting it" kinda feeling. So I was pretty low key, and wasted three days of my precious time off to NOT get sick. I'm OK now though...naturally, without any anti-biotics!

Scott..hope you'll feel better too!!!
Jonas

#86869 - 03/25/05 07:17 PM Re: Scott Yee Sick with FLU
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Bebop, I hope you & Jann didn't end up getting the SAME flu bug I got. Lucky for 'Rocky, dawg's don't get human flu virus'. Bebop & Jann. Hope you get well soon.

- Scott

Scott, Jann is nearly over hers but I am in the 9th day of it and still cannot breathe or do anything that requires oxygen. Lungs totally congested and pretty weak. Sitting up to this computer is about all I can do at present.
Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. It is bound to break soon. The fever quit a couple of days ago.
This is the worst I have ever had. Sure happy I stood in line 5 hours in October to get my flu shot for $20.00. I think I am happy I got my pneumonia shot a few years ago too
Scott, Hope you are fully recovered now.
Bebop

#86870 - 03/26/05 03:07 PM Re: Scott Yee Sick with FLU
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Scott...Glad to hear you're on the mend.
That flu is "No Fun" that's for sure. Took me about a week to get over mine, but the inside of my nostrils is still raw from blowing.
I've got a full plate of gigs starting in 8 days...wish me luck.

------------------
...shboom

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online