SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8634 - 06/22/08 02:34 PM Re: Virtual instrument software
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Working in the computer industry (I was testing Beta versions of Vista long before they were released onto the market) I can assure you that Vista is currently useless for running music software.
If you don’t believe me, ask any computer tech and he will tell you the same.
Also go onto all the different computer music web forums, and you will find that virtually everybody that upgraded to Vista has now gone back to XP Pro.
BTW except for the big named software, very few Virtual Instruments work on Vista anyway.
However it’s your money to do with as you please, just don’t come complaining when you feel like smashing the computer with a hammer when nothing works as it should.
Regards

Bill

#8635 - 06/25/08 04:09 PM Re: Virtual instrument software
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
I agree with Bill. Nothing works as it should, not even when all components(soft and hardware) used are ready for vista.
It was an interesting expirement, but I went back to xp pro as well.

On paper vista could have been a killer.
The 64bit enviroment has much advantages, unfortunately it just doesn't work as it should, but worse, even on 32 bits version still a lot of problems with unexpected behaviour and way slower as xp pro.
Due to that I didn't even bother to customize vista for my needs let alone possible to do...
On top there are too many automatic handlings vista performs, to get a control over the system which makes it feel very uncomfortable in usage..
Sorry for the english, but I don't know how else to explain in english.

Fred

#8636 - 06/25/08 04:37 PM Re: Virtual instrument software
2oldman Offline

Loc: Ephrata WA
We're not talking big production here.. I'm just doing some MIDI with SONAR home studio 6. It's working just fine.

[This message has been edited by 2oldman (edited 06-25-2008).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online