SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#86369 - 07/26/05 04:56 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
the church is the richest organisation in the world.There are bound to be many stories told that don,t make sense,i will tell you of one.In southern ireland many years ago there was a large family of many children,every week the parents took their children to church without fail,and every week they put some money into the collection plate.One day after many years of going to church the husband was killed in an accident,the mother who was penniless approached the priest for help to feed her children,the priest told her to pray.
ordinary people like you and me would help others,after all, look at the millions of pounds and dollars given annually to help others,and these are strangers,friends are even closer and you help,either of yourself or monetary or both,the people who should help you (religious leaders priests etc,)(not all) just give you words of comfort.Look at the times when the church needs a new roof,organ or seating etc, they ask the congregation to help raising funds by doing charity walks, bring and buy, cake baking, tombola (gambling). you see what i mean it works only one way.theirs.again i say i am not anti christian,just disillusioned and want to know the truth,mike

#86370 - 07/26/05 05:18 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Mike: I say don't worry about those others that do not impress you by not helping their fellow brothers. The Bible teach us if we only say "bless you and go on your way" without trying to offer REAL help, that is not helping at all - empty words. I say, they are not sincere or lack of good teachings. Just don't worry about them instead of judging them, etc.

The TRUTH is what you looking for right ? The Bible clearly shows that God show that He is the REAL TRUE god by performing many miracles. And He still does even today. A person cannot manufacture a brand new feet or a brand new eyes in the blink of an eye - that is the work of a REAL God. Or make an oil flow out of nothing. Does that make sense ? There is soooo many examples in the Bible about this. Mike, if you have not seen these things, maybe I can hook you up with the right group.

#86371 - 07/26/05 05:35 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
lukitoh,you stated,QUOTE,
As for the statues/graven image, I think it is pretty clear that God forbid anyone to worship things other than God. I think you can have paintings/artworks depicting Jesus, etc but you are not allowed to worship it. As long as it is not worshipped, then it is just an art object.UNQUOTE,,,,,,,if you go into the catholic church you will see people lighting candles and kneeling in front of these statues and praying,whether it,s mary jesus or one of the saints,(exodus 20,4&5 says you must never worship OR BOW DOWN,,remember Daniel and co ? they refused to bow down to the kings statue and was thrown into the fire and the lions den,and that was because they was told in EXODUS 20.3.do not worship any other gods but me,(they wouldn,t dare do this nowadays)i tend to believing in GOD,i had a very strange exciting experience a little over 5 years ago,which i won,t disclose here,maybe i will email you,i do not like to hurt other peoples feelings,but what i have stated above is how i see it,mike

#86372 - 07/26/05 09:06 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
lukitoh Offline

Well, I think God's words (Bible) is pretty clear about the statues, etc. I do not wish to condemn anyone else. But I personally would not worship or bow down before any statues or pictures and consider them as mystical things nor would I recommend anyone else to do so.

But the most important thing is that you personally believe that Jesus is the first and foremost the savior for your sins. And you should join a group that has similar convictions. Also now is the time of the Holy Spirit and it is important that the group you joined is full of the Holy Spirit. This is the key to love, victories, great fulfillment and joy to name a few in our lives. Many people missed this critical and important fact for some strange reason and got lost in all the "other" things in the Bible which are important nevertheless but pale in comparison.

#86373 - 07/29/05 06:16 AM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hello, I'm back from gigging and the following resurrection phase...
Thank you, Shboom!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by lukitoh:
What nationality are you ?

I'm a Frankfurter! I'm living in the heart of Germany! The Germans won over the Roman Empire only to get their unliked christian religion...*LOL*
And thanks for your well wishes, lukitoh!
I think I found my sense of life and so I'm going that way. I've reached my aim...

BTW: What is the difference between truth and reality? (it's only a rhetorical question)

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
PS, Sheriff, you English is definitely getting better and better ... Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your compliment, Theodore! Well, I'll do my very best to learn more and more American/English. And, yes, the babelfish was caused by my own translation...
Unfortunality I still need a dictionary and one hour per posting...*aaargh*

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 07-29-2005).]

#86374 - 07/29/05 12:46 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
lukitoh Offline

Sheriff: I sure hope you will reconsider Christianity. Well, IF we are wrong in our choice, the eternal consequence can be very disastrous.

You asked truth vs. reality: my logic tells me that there has to be some verifiable facts IMO. Otherwise, all you have could very well be imaginary concepts. What I mean is if we worship the TRUE "creator" then that creator must be able to demonstrate creative abilities. For example, creating brand new feet/body parts instantly, miraculous events such as water flowing out of a solid rock without any holes, walking on water,creating oil out of nothing, etc.

Don't you think so ?

#86375 - 07/29/05 01:47 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
and how do we know what a picture of Jesus really looks like?

Did anyone happen to catch The Late Show a few weeks ago, with the "items we found on ebay" segment.
Some idiot was trying to sell an autographed picture of Jesus Christ.
What's worse....some other idiot bought it!!!
Bartender.....another 'round..

------------------
...shboom

#86376 - 07/29/05 07:58 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
...What I mean is if we worship the TRUE "creator" then that creator must be able to demonstrate creative abilities...

Why? And for what? What's a Creator winning if he's getting our souls? Or what is he loosing if he's not getting our souls? What is the whole mankind worth for a God?

And what will change if we believe to a God? We'll still have to eat, to sleep, to breed and to expire... ...nothing will really change but your viewing. The reality keeps clear but the truth will change from sight to sight. That's only my humble opinion!

Nevertheless, oil flowing out of nothing is a nice phenomenon. Also David Copperfield's walk through the Chinese Wall was a nice phenomenon...*SSS*

Hey, even the today's weather here in Frankfurt was a nice phenomenon because we had a climatic effect like you know it from the rain forest - humid air and raining trees. Can you read these signs of God/Nature/Allah/Manitou/Jehova/Shiva? The whole world is crying but who is reacting?

Cheers!

#86377 - 07/29/05 09:11 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
lukitoh Offline

Sheriff/others: There is a very SERIOUS consequence IF Christianity is for real. Christianity tells us that those that rejected Christ is bound to eternal hell. That is a pretty serious thing, right ? Other religions may have something similar but of course totally different routes.

According to Christinity, the creator loves us. That is why David (a famous character) also asked "Who am I that you loved me". It is because of you and me that the creator sent His son (a part of Himself) to endure sufferrings so we can be together with the creator once again. It is a great love story that the creator is making.

Now, David Copperfield is an illusionist. I think that is what he claimed if not mistaken. A true miracle is not an illusion but a reality. What part of a miracle is an illusion when someone receives a brand new feet/eyes instantly ? Not just one person but many of them.

The weather you see in Frankfurt is not an extraordinary event. It is a repeatable common event. A miracle is done when God wishes it to happen and interrupts the laws of nature. When He is done with it, the law of nature goes back to normal as it was before. Does that make sense ?

It is done to make a skeptical person understand that there is someone (God) who is in control of the universe.

#86378 - 08/04/05 11:10 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Does that make sense ?

Nope, not in my opinion. Hey, if I were a God who created a universe with fixed physical laws. A world that is absolutely perfect which is an evidence of my existence. So, everybody knows there must be a Creator, God, Lord who made all this perfect building.

Then after a while (some million years) I would change some physical laws for a short time and then rechanging it to the normal way. This were an evidence of my imperfect existence. Why doing such nonsens? Only for making ONE person believing on me? And then this person travels through his world and kills all people who do not believe the same way? Haha, this is not a sign of the Lord but a sign of the devil...

The Lord told us to believe in us self. It's the devil who tells us again and again to believe his words, his signs, his suggestions. Miracle oil in random shapes or something like that are often a sign of the devil who is sneering at Jesus whenever he can. Please, do not believe to the Lord as a result of this miracle! Find God in your heart!!!

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online