SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#86339 - 07/17/05 06:40 AM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I have to agree with Phil.
However despite the logical and all mighty analyzing brain I also have a heart and soul that have always believed in god.
On one hand I'd rather look for evidence and yet on another I'd rather just believe in majic and enjoy it.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 07-17-2005).]

#86340 - 07/17/05 08:54 AM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Phil and Ed,

This is not from News, I experienced it myself with numerous other witnesses. In fact thousands (pastors, bishops, etc) in the know visitted this place.

If you're in the Bay Area or planning to, be sure to email me way ahead of time so I can arrange it with the owner of the house. We can go together and you can see it for yourself. It has happened for the last 10 years and nobody came home disappointed. Even the skeptical and the smartest guy after seeing this phenomena left the small house believing or scratching their head.

And it is not just miracle oil, many other stunning miracles have taken place in this house but none compared to the miracle oil that flowed until this day.

#86341 - 07/17/05 04:10 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Well,
Even though my heart might believe my eyes ; my brain will still wonder and wonder about the usual "How in the world they did that one?".
As I kind of hinted as humans we all struggle between desire to believe in miracles and ability to explain those miracles by various models that modern science proposes.
Given the fact that technology can only do so much, science can only explain so much as well as go only so far with proposed formulas and intelligent guesses... Miracles probably exist somewhere within the relm of what science cannot explain yet.

#86342 - 07/17/05 05:11 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
The Insider Offline

Loc: Buckinghamshire,England
I do not wish to be a harbinger of Doom, particularly bearing in mind that i am a beneficiary of "faith healing" (by my grandfather); however if one looks at the history of faith, and particularly secular religions and their so-called "causes", there can be no greater (humanistic) argument against organised belief: analyse the amount of bloodshed perpetuated in "his" name between various beliefs (still on-going), that the insistence that there is only 1 God (jehovah/allah/Eric Bloggs (for you Bloggists out there) and the followers of such beliefs devoting themsleves to the annihation of any opponent who dares indicate a contrary view, for it's validity. These sanctioned actions (generally politically motivated- e.g. the introduction of Orhdox Christianity to Russia - a mechanism invited in order to control the people) can surely only be calculated as i)at the very least small-minded, ii) moderately self-supporting (usually only benefitting those in power) or iii)at the worst, worthy of their own appearance at the International Court at the Hague for crimes against Humanity. . . . (of course there are many subtle variations in between, so few of them actually seeking any kind of Veriable Truth . . . . )

Sorry to be so controversial but this is surely a forum about Music and it's technology, rather than Miracles, Beliefs, Cabbages (if that takes your fancy) or whatever else.

I recognise that this forum is American-run and also recognise that the ethos of the Home country is at an understandble religous and cultural Crossrads, but come on guys and gals, lets talk music, not love or hate, nor religion or politics, CAP or WTO, lets keep it to Korg, Yamha, Roland,Soltan Kurzweil Gem etc and all the other title brands that we have elected to participate in, rather than miracles and ideology and other such stuff ( although A further discussion on the merits of the G70 may well comstrue iii) above!

Regards

#86343 - 07/18/05 02:46 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
lukitoh Offline

If you really want to talk arranger such as G70, go to the General Arranger section. This is the BAR which I think you can just talk about anything you want to your fellow musicians, let out steam, vent, whatever. I think the real requirement is that you have to be a REAL musician otherwise I won't talk to you (wasting my time)....just kidding there.

About your point on those violence committed on behalf of religion: well, lets say Jesus definitely did not teach those things. He asked us to love our enemies instead. Even when He was about to be captured, He stopped His disciples from committing violence and even healed His captor's injury. As is sometimes happened, people misunderstood/misinterpret these things. But the fact is there are some kind of STRONG proven facts that God does exist. And I suspect those people that says "there's got to be scientific explanations" will probably keep saying those things even when they are boiling away in hell for eternity.

#86344 - 07/18/05 04:26 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Hey if you guys insist on bringing Jesus into this bar,buy him a beer, and say a prayer asking for 76 keys on a ty II...... .........Pose

#86345 - 07/18/05 06:50 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
lukitoh Offline

Naaah....I will probably just get Him a good quality bottled water. Jesus probably turned the water into a great wine for all of us to share.

And He could probably turned our lowly arrangers to TYROS 7 if He is in the mood.

BTW if Jesus can make those oil flow out of nothing, I BET He can do it !

#86346 - 07/18/05 07:28 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
you have to wonder about the choice of miracles cure disease? stop war? end bigotry and hatred? Cure hunger or poverty?..... Nope oil on a picture, Virgin Mary's face in a concrete bridge abutment now those my friends are miracles to make a believer out of anyone.
maybe this miracle is the devils work to distract us.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 07-19-2005).]

#86347 - 07/18/05 11:56 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by lukitoh:
This is the BAR which I think you can just talk about anything you want to your fellow musicians, let out steam, vent, whatever.

Yes Han, you are correct. Nothing is off topic here in The Bar. As long as people are respectful towards eachother I don't mind what you all talk about. That is the whole point of this particular forum.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 07-18-2005).]

#86348 - 07/19/05 01:49 PM Re: Strange phenomena - miracle oil flowing out of nothing
lukitoh Offline

Thanks, Nigel for clearing that up. Yes, respecting each other is important.

Mike: I doubt that the devil was out to discredit Jesus if that is what you mean. Jesus and the devil seemed to be against each other very deeply with no consolation in sight. Why would the devil glorifying Jesus by performing those miracles on behalf of Jesus ? After seeing these miracles, many people who have not been seeking God now seems to be doing exactly that. That is a big setback for the devil. And the owner of the house did not accept donations and did not really care if you go to churches other than hers as long as the church believe in Jesus.

Sometimes God does something funky in our mind I think. Like, why would God create certain pesky insects. But He did it anyway maybe for certain obscure purpose that we miss.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online