SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#86242 - 01/31/05 08:05 PM Re: Baby it's cold outside...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I LIKE the snow. It's pretty ........

#86243 - 02/01/05 02:43 AM Re: Baby it's cold outside...
FreeStyle Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The pictures makes me wanna get a 10X optical zoom digital camera . My coolpix has only 4X optical zoom.

#86244 - 02/01/05 03:13 AM Re: Baby it's cold outside...
Dnj Offline

Great Pics......
The Beautiful Northeast has it all

#86245 - 02/01/05 05:58 AM Re: Baby it's cold outside...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
The fox and the hare ... if one knew the other was there ... ??? ...
t.

#86246 - 02/01/05 06:08 AM Re: Baby it's cold outside...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Gary....Brrrrrr...great photos....

#86247 - 02/01/05 08:36 PM Re: Baby it's cold outside...
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Nice shots gary!

Do you think its time to hold off on a new KB and invest in a better camera? You show a real skill in photography, each shot is perfectly proportioned!

Phil

#86248 - 02/02/05 05:53 AM Re: Baby it's cold outside...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks Phil,

I'm at a point in my life where I sincerely believe I have finally purchased my last keyboard. The 3000 does everything I want and then some, and from my point of view it's the best aranger keyboard available, at least shy of a Tyros with speakers.

As for the camera, that too is at a point where I don't feel the need to upgrade. I've sold thousands of digital photos take with this camera, all of which have been published. The lens is great, and despite the fact that the camera is just 2.2 megapixel, as you can see it provides excellent quality photos.

I believe my next major purchase will just be a new engine for my 1989 van, which now has 260,000 miles on it. NAH! It still runs good and doesn't burn any oil.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#86249 - 02/02/05 06:03 AM Re: Baby it's cold outside...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Thanks Phil,
I believe my next major purchase will just be a new engine for my 1989 van, which now has 260,000 miles on it. NAH! It still runs good and doesn't burn any oil.

Cheers,Gary

Gary ...Boy that Van [the garymobile] just keeps on ticking!!!! BTW what does an engine go for for that Van....used or new?

#86250 - 02/02/05 12:10 PM Re: Baby it's cold outside...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I can pick up a remanufactured engine for about $1,800 installed. That's a lot cheaper than buying a new van, and the engine has a 50,000 mile warranty. Everything else on the van is like new.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#86251 - 02/02/05 01:49 PM Re: Baby it's cold outside...
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Great pic's Gary

We live in the edge of the pines here and my wife feeds everything that shows up. (including musicians) So know what you mean about lots of things to take pictures of. We have nose prints all over our patio door from 2 california grey foxes who begs for dogfood every evening at about 9pm. The snows so deep here my wife is feeding on the covered decks and anyplace thats protected, I can see I'm gonna have to get a hose and a shovel to clean this mess up. to quote a line from the movie "the Producers" "DUIRTY Filthee Dissgusting BOIRDS"
Hey I got a best friend who does a duo and makes the rounds to many clubs all over Nevada. He's got a old dodge van must be early eighty's he's just put a new engine in it, this is the second new engine, He never does anything to it to make it look nice, and it stays loaded, from the back of the front seat to the roof to the back doors, gotta be a ton in there (sets low to the ground. I keep asking him how can he be around the back of clubs and running around at 3 in the am and never get stopped by the cops. This rig looks like burglar, smells like burglar, loaded down with the typical burglar bootie. and the driver is borderline for a drunkometer test. 18 years and never been stopped. I also asked him one time why he doesn't upgrade to a new van. He said 2000 bucks for a new engine beats hell out of 25,000 for one thats not as dependable and could catch fire. sound familair.

Not a camera buff, have a sony mavica mvc-fd75 10x zoom. takes great pictures mostly for ebay, boy can you get close to things I've taken pictures from I/2 inch away and it picks up things in the image that i could not see with the necked eye. Never use my brownie hawkeye no more. These new camera's are something else
Cheers....Pose

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online