SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#86032 - 02/01/06 03:38 PM Re: RARE GUITARS $50,000.00 per string
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I see the confusion. I'm talking about the Dano on your personal website, and the Dano you have here. I knew I'd seen it before.

I'm familiar with the Hammer 12 string bass.

We have an 8 string around here somewhere...cheap..I think its a Dean.

Pretty neat stuff. Had a Hagstrom at one time...think I left it somewhere years ago.

Oh Well...

Russ

#86033 - 02/01/06 06:48 PM Re: RARE GUITARS $50,000.00 per string
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
IN case of interest.
Here in San Jose we have a guitar store called Guitar Showcase. It is owned by Gary, (forgot his last name). I have been trading with him since 1967. they have a keyboard division and we had midi classes there twice a week for over a year back when Midi was brand new.
Guitars. He has them all and the amps too. he put up a new building two storys, and big and in the center he has all these guitars in an all glass room that is temp and hum controlled and well lighted. They can be purchased but some of the price tags I have seen are jaw dropping and staggering.
they are located on South Bascom in San Jose, California. I can get a phone and street address if you want/need it.
Best,
Bebop

#86034 - 02/01/06 09:10 PM Re: RARE GUITARS $50,000.00 per string
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Just as soon as I inherit a million or two.
Of course, with my luck..When my ship finally comes in....

...I'll probably be at the airport!!

------------------
...shboom

#86035 - 02/02/06 01:07 AM Re: RARE GUITARS $50,000.00 per string
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Very nice guitars shboom!!!

And I know exactly what you mean about Telecasters. They never attracted me so much when I was young. They never seemed as cool as Strats, SGs or Les Pauls. But now I love the character of the Tele visually plus I like the bite they have. I don't own one now but I am very tempted to add one in the near future. I've always been a strat fan so I already love that biting Fender sound and the Tele seems best at that.

That Hamer 12 string bass .... I'm not so sure I'd wanted to have to finger 2 bass strings at a time. But very cool all the same. I own a few basses including an Ibanez Roadmaster II, an Ibanez active 5 string ( can't recall the model offhand ) and a Fender Jazz Special Fretless.

Do you ever use the Hagstrom in a band situation? Does it sound like a Fender or is it closer to the Gibson P90s ? And what are you doing musically since your band folded? Did you put a new project together?

#86036 - 02/02/06 07:38 AM Re: RARE GUITARS $50,000.00 per string
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Thanx Nigel...that Hamer btw is set up with 3 strings per. It's unbelievable to try and play. Cheap Trick & Kiss have both used it. It's more of a Slash/Shred machine, although from some comments I've looked at of other sites, it can be quite a useful piece if played delicately. You'd end up with some incredibly fat harmonics, but tuning and intonation would have to be soooo precise.
Yes, I have used the Hagstrom, although as I said, the Tele is my work horse for gigs.
What am I doin' now??
Well, I've been approached by 5 bands, 3 serious ones, 2 were triflers. I'll have to pass on one particular band. They're wanting someone full-time (I'm not about to quit my career at this point).They're also a large "show band", http://www.timebenders.com/ so it's the costume/choreography thing all over again, so that's a sore spot for me, however, I did let them know that I could fill in for an absent member in a pinch if they gave me sufficient notice.
So the leader is gonna supply me with dvds of their shows, I can learn the material (probably know most of it already), and if they're short a member due to illness etc. I can fill in for them on keys, guitar, or bass.
I've also recorded 2 individual female songwriters over the last 3 weeks, providing them with demos to submit. They were pleased with the results.
I'll keep ya posted as to how things work out. I'm not worried about it right now.Life is good, and that's what matters....right?

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 02-02-2006).]

#86037 - 02/05/06 12:29 AM Re: RARE GUITARS $50,000.00 per string
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by shboom:
that Hamer btw is set up with 3 strings per. It's unbelievable to try and play.

Wouldn't it be very awkward ??? Pressing down 2 bass strings and fingering them cleanly would be tough .... pressing down 3 would be harder still. Have you actually played one of these ? I bet it has quite a complex bass sound and I'd even expect some "natural" chorusing just due to tuning fluctuations between the 3 strings.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online