SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#85953 - 05/07/05 06:14 AM Got scared, car started burning!!
Zleepy Offline

Loc: Finland
I really got scared. No warning or anything, just all of sudden my car bursted in flames yesterday afternoon.

Luckily my brother and I managed to get out of the car so no one got hurt.

Bought this car four weeks ago. What a luck...

------------------
Tony

http://zleepy.cjb.net

#85954 - 05/07/05 06:42 AM Re: Got scared, car started burning!!
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Tony......sorry for your misfourtune....your auto ins should cover the damages, providing of course that you have ins....I hope you do
do you???...Isn't it strange that the other guy decided to sell it this time..good luck..
Tony Rome

#85955 - 05/07/05 07:10 AM Re: Got scared, car started burning!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wow! That would have got my undivided attention.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#85956 - 05/07/05 07:33 AM Re: Got scared, car started burning!!
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Boah!!! I can't imagine! I only saw this in films before!

I hope you have a good insurance!
Maybe there was a defect in the electricity and I guess that this car wouldn't have get a licence to roll on german streets which means that we have curatorial precepts to intercept critical cars before they run on official streets. Maybe the justice in your country could need a similar law? I don't know...

I hope that this will be your last car that burned up!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-07-2005).]

#85957 - 05/07/05 08:21 AM Re: Got scared, car started burning!!
Zleepy Offline

Insurance covers this. This happend 200 meters from my local ins office

Sheriff:
I do strongly believe these cars rolls on your streets also, as what I know, some of these are imported from German..

Car dealer was nice enough to give me another car untill this is sorted out. Funny, first thing I asked was "are you sure this is not going to burn?"

------------------
Tony

[This message has been edited by Zleepy (edited 05-07-2005).]

#85958 - 05/07/05 09:21 AM Re: Got scared, car started burning!!
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Zleepy:
I do strongly believe these cars rolls on your streets also, as what I know, some of these are imported from German...

I'm not able to identificate the car on this pic (anymore). What type of car is...äh, sorry, was it?

It's possible that cars of this type are driving in Germany too but I have my doubts that this is guilty for THAT shape too...

To burn a german car you would normally need a lighter and some gasoline...*LOL*

Really, you need a licence to drive a car in Germany - not only a driving licence (I know that this is a needed fact all over the world) but a car licence. This means for us Germans that if we are buying a car then we need a licence first to drive this car on an official street. At first you'll have to go to the next certification office to get a transient licence (you'll get the green plate number) then you'll have to drive your new car to the certification office to let being proved your car by their motor mechanics. If all things are correct then you'll get the full motor vehicle registration certificate (you'll get the black plate number) for the next two years.

How is it solved in your country? I have no answer about the laws in other countries but this would be very interesting to me...

Don't bug the German's brave perfectionism - better do bug the German's terrible bureaucracy only...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

#85959 - 05/07/05 10:29 AM Re: Got scared, car started burning!!
Zleepy Offline

It was Fiat Ducato 2001 124000km driven.

I took a quick tour on some of German auto sites and found in less than a minute two of these.

We have vehicle inspection once a year. If the car don't pass that, they don't allow it back to streets. Seems somewhat similar than in Germany. Only that we white plates and they stick with the car unless police or inspectors takes them away if they find the car hasardous on road. This one was inspected two months ago and nothing was found.

I too am amazed because engine room and everything else too was clean and looked good. Could be "monday model"...

So no need to worry. This is VERY uncommon in Finland. Don't have to be afraid of when the car in front of you is gonna explode or burn

------------------
Tony

#85960 - 05/07/05 11:51 AM Re: Got scared, car started burning!!
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
I too am amazed because engine room and everything else too was clean and looked good. Could be "monday model"...

That's really a bad luck...

Quote:
So no need to worry. This is VERY uncommon in Finland. Don't have to be afraid of when the car in front of you is gonna explode or burn

You are insured??? Taste the booooom...

I hope your next car is a little bit 'cooler'...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-07-2005).]

#85961 - 05/09/05 12:05 PM Re: Got scared, car started burning!!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I had two Fiats in my life. One was a 1968 850 spider convertable. The other was an early 1970s 128. They were both junk. The electrical systems on both of them were especially junk.

I sold the 128 when it had 72,000 miles on it. I really don't remember it running long enough to get that many miles on it. Every time it would rain you'd be driving down the road and it would just quit. They mounted the distributor right behind the front grill. All the road spray and moisture would short it out.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 05-09-2005).]

Tom

#85962 - 05/09/05 12:19 PM Re: Got scared, car started burning!!
Zleepy Offline

Yeah, those old Fiats... I've had 128 Coupe with enough electrical problems and I remember when I was a kid we used to have 127. Heap of junks...

I DID believe they would have seen some improvements and still do. A little...

Looks like this caused by badly made service or repair of somekind, where the battery charders wires were left between engine and the enginebed. Or so they told me what could have started the fire..
Fact that this side is burned more supports this thought...

Who knows. It could quite as easily be fuelpump... Ins co was not that exited to find out the exact cause of fire...

------------------
Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online