SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#85823 - 03/07/05 11:22 PM Finally got to meet a Zoner
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
After years of exhanging views back and forth with many musicians out there, from novice to pro, I actually made contact with someone I didn't know was close by...we met...and had coffee together.
Thanx Benno...it was very cool to finally meet a fellow Zoner face to face.
We tripped down to a local music store....checked out all the "got it"..."got it"..."need it".."want it"...items, and then we had to part company, but again...it was really great to to finally meet someone I've conversed with so many times...but had never met.

------------------
...shboom

#85824 - 03/08/05 02:28 PM Re: Finally got to meet a Zoner
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Shboom,
Didn't you know Beeno was over on the island. I waved at him when we went to Alaska from San Francisco on the Regal Princess. I could see him waving his KN6000 at me
I am going to Anacortes for my class 55 year runion on August 6th. Maybe we could get together there, or Vancouver, or Victoria or Swartz Bay or?
Whatcha think, you and Beeno? I will probable hang around for a week or so if I go up in the motorhome.
Bebop

#85825 - 03/08/05 02:52 PM Re: Finally got to meet a Zoner
shboom Offline

Well there's possibilities there.
...Of course...unfortunately I don't live the retired life of luxury like a lot of members here. Still punchin' the 9 to 5. But, I could probably squeeze in a day of jammin', if I'm not gigging that is...

Give me a call closer to the date, and who know's what'll happen?

------------------
...shboom

#85826 - 03/08/05 11:51 PM Re: Finally got to meet a Zoner
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
HI guys it would be nice in victoria,it was nice to meet you Shboom and have that coffee with youwill give you a ring when i will be comming down again, but send me your schedules, best regards ,BENNO

#85827 - 03/09/05 06:20 AM Re: Finally got to meet a Zoner
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Shboom, glad you had the opportunity to meet up with one of the zoners. I've been fortunate to meet up with several on this side of the U.S. and all that I've met in person are wonderful people. During the next year I hope to make another whirl-wind trip in my aging van and meet many more.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#85828 - 03/09/05 08:25 AM Re: Finally got to meet a Zoner
BEBOP Offline

HI BEENO,
Victoria would be great. We spent our honeymoon in Victoria at the Old England Inn, thirty years ago, come labor day.
We parked our motorhome in their big parking lot and rented their largest suite that had over a million dollars value of antique furnishings.
Bebop

#85829 - 03/09/05 10:50 AM Re: Finally got to meet a Zoner
shboom Offline

Don't know how to break this to ya Bebop....but the Olde England Inn is closed now. It sold a while back, and just sits vacant right now.

...Probably gonna turn it into a Starbucks!!

------------------
...shboom

#85830 - 03/09/05 11:08 AM Re: Finally got to meet a Zoner
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
BEEBOP, if you want to see the island, you will find a place to park some where, so think about it, lots of nice places here,, best regards, BENNO

#85831 - 03/09/05 02:50 PM Re: Finally got to meet a Zoner
BEBOP Offline

Thanks for the news
Maybe I will just take the ferry over from Anacortes and go native on the beach You know, rought it
Bebop

#85832 - 03/09/05 03:39 PM Re: Finally got to meet a Zoner
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Thanks for the news
Maybe I will just take the ferry over from Anacortes and go native on the beach You know, rought it
Bebop

Bebop, folks our age should keep their clothes on--we don't look good naked anymore. Hmmmmmm! Now I remember that song. Whoops, I thought you said NAKED! Damned eye glasses.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online