SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#85734 - 05/13/05 07:41 PM Puzzlers Revenge
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Okay, guys! Here is my revenge:

Imagine, you're arriving in a small town at friday morning where you'll have your next weekend gig. The saloon in which you'll have to play is a nice upper midclass local. So, you'll need three things - a suit, a fresh styled hairdo and your music sheets. You have just one day to organize your concert. The hotel manager tells you about some stores in town that you may could find very helpful.

There are two fashion boutiques in the town - Mr. Miller's Clothstore and Alan's Fashion House. The Miller's makes very good tailor-made clothes. In the Fashion House you can get normal suites off the rack.

There are two barbers in town - Alain Devon's Coiffeur de Fabrice and Mike's Barbershop. Monsieur Devon's shop is exquisite and his hairstyle looks very well. Mike's shop is less exquisite and his hairstyle looks very confused.

For your music sheets you've found two different possibilities to get them - a local music store and an internet cafe. The music store has a really good equipment in their showcases and the instruments are all in a very good shape. The internet cafe is slightly scruffy and "service" is a foreign word in their.

So, guys, in which store would you buy your gigging suit, which barber would you let to style your hairdo and from where would you try to get your sheets???

I hope this will be a hard nut for you...hehehe... ...have fun!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#85735 - 05/13/05 08:50 PM Re: Puzzlers Revenge
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
This one is over my head!
I would probably go with the off-the-rack suit, the good hairstyle and the internet cafe. If I'm working a small town, I don't want to spend all the profit, but I want my hair to look good, not confused.
But I don't get the puzzle.
DonM

#85736 - 05/14/05 04:23 AM Re: Puzzlers Revenge
Sheriff Offline

Don, you're partially on the right way...

#85737 - 05/15/05 07:16 AM Re: Puzzlers Revenge
Sheriff Offline

Well, this seems to be a really hard nut. So, I'll wait until tuesday's high noon (local time of Germany - maybe tuesday's early morning in USA). Comm'on guys, it's really solvable...

#85738 - 05/15/05 08:17 AM Re: Puzzlers Revenge
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Sheriff:
I don't get this either, but Ill try a long shot.

I steal the best equipment from the "local" shocase window.

I have the barber at Alain D's shave all the body hair from the waist up to look like I have on a tux, then when his back is turned I sneak out without paying!

I download a copy of American pie at the internet cafe, "for free"

Book myself in as the Ugly American, and bring home the Cash, free and clear....

What!! this is not it?.... ......Pose

#85739 - 05/16/05 05:05 AM Re: Puzzlers Revenge
Sheriff Offline

Ouh, Pose! What should I say to you?
I have my problems to stop laughing...

You guys are really funny. I don't know wether I should visit any locations with you or better stay alone...

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-16-2005).]

#85740 - 05/16/05 06:55 PM Re: Puzzlers Revenge
Sheriff Offline

Okay! It's 3:25AM in Germany and I'm starting to get tired...

Now, I present you the answer like I've promised you...

1. The gig in an upper midclass saloon will not bring in the money for buying a tailor-made suit on one side (you'll have to pay for gasoline back home) and on the other side the audiences won't really take notice of the difference to suits off-the-rack because they'll come to have fun.
At this point Don was right!

2. Two barbers in town - to whom does a barber go for his own hair? Yes, to another barber!!! So, look at Mike's hairdo! Who made his hair looking so confused? Right, Monsieur Devon with his very well looking hairstyle...
Well, Don, do you know now where you'll get your good looking hairs from?

3. Did you ever try to get from a music dealer anything small and cheap which were really important for you within a short time? Then you should know that getting music sheets from a local music dealer within two days is seriously not possible.
The internet cafe is scruffy but it has a connectivity to the web and where else can you reach the SynthZone to get music sheets within two days?

I'm sorry for making a hard puzzle like this one but I thought it were unlockable. Well, maybe the next time I'll give you another chance...Good night, good old world!!!

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-22-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online