SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#85470 - 01/11/05 11:25 PM Re: Silly Season, Post Christmas Blues or Malevolent Intent?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by KN_Fan:
I just wonder if a bar brawl ever erupted, who'd come out a winner?

I bet five bucks on either UD or Don Mason (?)

Just kidding you guys.

I haven't had a fight since I learned how to apologize. Besides, I'm just a wee bit of a lad.
DonM

#85471 - 01/11/05 11:40 PM Re: Silly Season, Post Christmas Blues or Malevolent Intent?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
Leave it to Scott as always, to set things straight, keep up the good work.

Glad to discover someone else here able to understand the LOGIC of my reasoning. Synth_Guy, thanks for your support. - Scott

#85472 - 01/12/05 01:52 AM Re: Silly Season, Post Christmas Blues or Malevolent Intent?
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Honestly, a 'good' WTF doesn't offend me at all. It's just a form of expression that frankly doesn't shock me at all. I know a lot of very good people that use WTFs in their common language. It bothers me a lot more to 'see' certain attitudes in between polite words. Now, using WTF can be a way of provoking other people, of course. Not good, of course. Bottom line: use WTFs tastefully and our friendship will be untouched.

-- José.

#85473 - 01/12/05 07:11 AM Re: Silly Season, Post Christmas Blues or Malevolent Intent?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
A bar fight? Isn't this coming from some of the same guys that complain about the weight of anything heavier than a Tyros? I'll be at the East Coast Jam ladies... just look for the big guy. Perhaps while I'm there you'd like to meet my lovely petite wife - a former armed JFK airport security officer that has appeared on the cover of "Black Belt". To make this sporting, you should put any questions about my manhood to her instead of me, Uncle Dave... and I'll cover any bets.

Thanks for the note of support Scott but I don't see anyone here that fits the morally-superior motif, no matter WTF they may think.

#85474 - 01/12/05 09:11 AM Re: Silly Season, Post Christmas Blues or Malevolent Intent?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
btw guys, since it was ME who had initially brought up martial arts on this thread, it's perhaps an interesting COINCIDENCE to discover that WTF stands for the:

"World Taekwondo Federation" as well
http://www.wtf.org/

Three cheers for: WTF !

Scott

#85475 - 01/12/05 09:32 AM Re: Silly Season, Post Christmas Blues or Malevolent Intent?
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
I got your back fellows! Way back!

#85476 - 01/12/05 09:48 AM Re: Silly Season, Post Christmas Blues or Malevolent Intent?
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
OK I admit my original post may seem a bit 'loved up' and idealistic but that is just the way I am. I hate confrontation of any kind, always have and probably always will.

I know I can also sound self rightious sometimes as well but it is never my intention.

I think Pro made an excellent point in that synthzone is indeed the least agressive forum I have been on and I have been surfing the net for years. (when 28k modems were state of the art ) Still for me that is Synthzones charm and I think it worth preserving. Just because it is the norm that every other forum gets devisive and agressive I don't see why it should therefore neccesitate that things be the same here.

Having said that I am fast coming to the conclusion that some folks just love to argue or at least are naturally autocratic. (how is that for a euphemism ) If that floats your boat then who am I to say it should not be so? If that is what you come for and what you enjoy then fine.

It does not mean I have to be party to it though and I refuse to be. If arguments start getting devisive and the protagonist start to expect members to fall into camps of support then leave me out of it. I'll just tootle off to the next topic and leave y'all to it.At least then we are all happy.

Pro, with the greatest of respect, you state that you would not be as polite in real life so why should you be any more so here (apologies for the paraphrasing).

I think there is a marked difference in that in real life I have a choice if I interact with you or not. If I don't like what you say (or more to the point how you say it) I can choose to be in your company or not). Here I have no choice at all. You are as much a member as any of us and have a perfect right to say what you will on any thread topic. Once you have posted it is there for all to see. It is very difficult to ignore a post if one does not agree with it, takes offence or feels slighted and then things get self perpetuating. I think that is why I felt that there is an obligation for us to be more responsible or at least courtious when posting than in 'real life'.

I am not a prude (or an old lady ), indeed my language and behaviour leaves much to be desired at times (so my mother informs me anyway ). BUT surely we all moderate our behaviour at certain times and in certain places? I know that I do when here at Synthzone BUT I do accept that this is a personal choice and I have no automatic right to expect the same from others.

Your analogy of films and bad guys has made me think however and I have to agree that things would be rather bland if we all agreed about everything all of the time! I have lost count of the times I have wanted the bad guy to come out on top in a film. Even I can't twist that round to fit my point of view here

Best wishes to all
Tony

#85477 - 01/12/05 10:40 AM Re: Silly Season, Post Christmas Blues or Malevolent Intent?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Good post Tony.

Scott is right, it's too hypocritical here. Everybody starts joking about a bar fight and it's all fun and games until somebody like me makes a remark in kind, then it all changes rather quickly. It's too stuffy in here with all the critics and censors and where did all the musicians go anyway? Oh never mind, I see them leaving now...

Enjoy your bar ladies... think I'll go out in the parking lot and play some circles around this place... circle of fifths of course...

#85478 - 01/12/05 11:49 AM Re: Silly Season, Post Christmas Blues or Malevolent Intent?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Shouldn't have posted in haste. I deleted it. Sorry Pro.
DonM

#85479 - 01/12/05 12:49 PM Re: Silly Season, Post Christmas Blues or Malevolent Intent?
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Ounce more I say "Can't we all just get along"

Imagine if this was a real bar, half of us would of been banned already. Truth be told that some of the agressive bashing wouldn't come out at a real bar. Bar stools, beer mugs and a flying 8-ball can really put the hurt on....LOL

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online