SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#85447 - 08/07/07 03:25 AM Rock & Roll The 60's
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Ahh! The 60's. Peace Love and Rock and Roll. From the Beatles to the Britsh Invasion, from Woodstock the Altamont. From the Music, of The Doors, The Who, Rolling Stones, and The Animals. To name just a few!

Okay, I know it's a strange for a guy who was born in the 70's, to be talking about music from the 60's. Even though I wasn't born yet, nor know much about the 60's, except from people who lived during that time. I have to admit, a lot of great music came from that era. I recnetly started listening to music from the 60's and I am, quite impresed. Actually, this statred because I picked up an old Farfisa Combo organ.

The truth is, I was trying to find bands from the 60's on "You Tube" who may have played a Farfisa. Turns out most of them played Vox's.

Anyway, I'm hoping some of the older board members will share their stories, from that time period with me. As I really don't know a lot, just a little.

Of course if you remeber the 60's, you weren't really there. This however does not apply to me.

#85448 - 08/08/07 02:18 PM Re: Rock & Roll The 60's
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I played six nights a week in a college bar just a mile from the University of Kentucky campus (63-66). When the British envasion came, the "three chorders" had some learning to do. The "4 corders", (C Am F and G guys)were forced to learn "Yesterday", "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying" and other tunes with pretty, but different structures.

It was an exciting time. Rock and roll had been in a rut for about 5 years. Those who learned the new structures went on to expand into jazz and other art forms incorporating the new structures.

A really significant time in pop music history.

Great mermories!

Russ

#85449 - 08/29/07 03:30 AM Re: Rock & Roll The 60's
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online