SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#85241 - 09/03/05 04:06 PM Re: Accordion Humor.....
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
MY shoulders hurt too bad from squezzing that box already. I have just as good accordion samples in my KN7000 anyway and it don't hurt my shoulders. I don't have to stand up with it, and it never runs outta air
Bebop

#85242 - 09/07/05 07:14 AM Re: Accordion Humor.....
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Yes, old boys!

An accordeon in a world of synthesizers is like a gramophone in a world of CD players! Hang it on the wall, frame it and get a bright smile every time you look at it!!!

I started my musical carreer on an accordeon for children as I was 4 years old but it only resulted in a strong desire to learn piano as I was 5 years old...
At least I started to play guitar as I was 15 years old and that's what I'm still doing today...
Regards, Danny

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 09-07-2005).]

#85243 - 10/02/05 11:18 AM Re: Accordion Humor.....
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi folks , Just discovered this site .

I love the Accordion gags .....very funny and will use some of them when I'm gigging !!

Bebop , I didn't know you were a squeeze box player in your youth !!! it was the hey day for the accordion in those times .

My good friend Dick Contino is still going strong !! I attended the Las Vegas Accordion Convention ,it was his 75th birthday celebration WoW can that pensioner play ,He blew all the younger accordion dudes away !!! with his showmanship and performance , The Legend Art Van Damme was also in great form ,as was Tony Lovello.
I think you guys are right about the accordion , people want a full modern sound.
i keep busy with gigs using by Elkavox or Concerto digital /midi accordion.
I have a very good modern sound because I use via the midi my Technics Kn7000 (need I say More )
I would not even think about doing these gigs with a conventional accordion .
My gigs require a full and danceable modern sound .

Unfortunately I'm never ever going to be a keyboard player .

Tony mads , would love to read more about your accordion exploits Wow fancy playing the carnigie hall , I've only managed to have a look round the hall, last year on my holiday in New York !!! it was great !!

Regards to you all ....Giovanni (uk)

#85244 - 10/02/05 03:04 PM Re: Accordion Humor.....
BEBOP Offline

I have to type this in for all you accordion players to read.
The Week's Most frightening Story!
In Kimberly, British Columbia, (Western Canada) trying to establish a Guiness book record, 644 people at a music festival this summer played their accordions simultaneously for half an hour
644 is not a type that is correct
Bebop

#85245 - 10/10/05 08:56 AM Re: Accordion Humor.....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tony Lovello is a friend of mine...he was the general manager of the Campbell House Inn here in Lexington, where I played in the early 80's. He as a former member of the Three Sons. His brother, Sam, I think, was a producer for He Haw!Tony has had a hearing problem for years, so he only played for private parties at the Inn and organized and played for New Years. He played a Petosa accordion, and I met up with a represntative of the company, Joe Petosa, at the Inn. That's where I found out about Solton (now Ketron). Bought my MS 60 from Joe (Petosa Music is still a Ketron dealer in Seattle), and have been a Ketron fan every since.

Petosa is a great supplier, If you're in the Seattle area. Tony is a great "old school" showman, complete with puffy shirts, etc.

Regards,

Russ

#85246 - 10/10/05 10:19 AM Re: Accordion Humor.....
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Here's the only accordion joke I know:

Question:
What's the difference between accordions at a polka fest and an Uzi gun?

Answer:
The Uzi stops after 40 rounds.

#85247 - 10/17/05 08:07 PM Re: Accordion Humor.....
BEBOP Offline

HI ALL,
I just read another release in the morning paper about a NEW accordion record being set.
A month after the one above I wrote about setting a record, another group in St. John's Newfoundland broke the record by 989 accordions playing.
Gives me the shudders just to think about it
Bebop

#85248 - 10/17/05 08:55 PM Re: Accordion Humor.....
Musicman22 Offline

Loc: Boynton Beach, Fl.
The comic Pete Barbutti is an ex accordion player. His joke is...Do you know how to put an accordion on? Like this...oh baby your so cool, man I really dig you, you just blow me away, I love ya, you're so hip.

Peter (also an accordion player)

#85249 - 10/18/05 06:52 AM Re: Accordion Humor.....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Back in the day, I was raised on Art Van Damme and The Three Sons ... still have a lot of 'vinyl' of theirs some of which I've recorded on CDs ... loved The Sons version of "Twilight Time" ... in fact the VERY first band I had was named 'The Twilighters' and that was our theme song ... at 15 yrs of age !!! ... I knew a guy who wanted to BE Art Van Damme ... copied his style to a T ... even the solos !!! ... when he learned a song he did it in every key ... all with block chords ala Art ...
t.

#85250 - 10/18/05 12:31 PM Re: Accordion Humor.....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Never really got into accordion, but it was always interesting to listen to my friend Tony Lovello talk about the Three Sons and to here him play. Evidently he was an original member and toured and recorded with them right up to the end. The first arrangers I heard were the Auto Orchestra
(usually used by guitar players with bass pedals) and the Petosa accordion tony used. Both were products manufactured in Italy by
a company I understand to be a predicessor of Solton (Ketron).

Lovello is an interesting fellow, and evidently still active, as was mention earlier on this thread.

Russ

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online