SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#85054 - 02/20/05 08:17 AM Re: News alert
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Now that's a great story, Bill! Let me know when you want to play. As you know, there is another guy with the same name as you at the club. He is really good.
Actually, I was a writer in "real life." Journalism/Advertising degree from Okla. State U. I was Advertising Manager for a large oil company and later owned a small newspaper.
When I sold out, I decided to see if I could support myself as a musician. That was 1978.
I'm still trying to decide!
DonM

#85055 - 02/21/05 06:07 AM Re: News alert
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
What was funny was that, someone, I forget who it was, EAGLED that #12 and GOT BEAT. Isn't that something?

I was in the clubhouse of my favorite local semi-private course and one of the members was moaning about how he lost his match on the 18th hole .. a 511 yard par 5 ... after he had an eagle on the hole !!! ... The fellow he was playing with also scored an eagle ... and was getting a stroke on the hole ..
t.

#85056 - 02/21/05 07:37 AM Re: News alert
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Don is a great entertainer and golfer but he still fishes for those muddy tasting bass. He needs to go north and get some perch or walleye. Don you just don't know what fun is until you walk a quarter mile out onto the ice in 10 degree weather into a 20 mph headwind, then spud or auger your holes, then set up your shanty, and finally fish for a few hours. I'm telling you, that's why you guys lost the war. You're soft. Anybody can golf when the weather is good. Try it in 40 degree weather with a 25 mph wind blowing in from Lake Michigan.

Congratulations on the great round pal! If you someday can't make it in golf or music there are many of us on the Zone who need a publicist with your line of B.S. Great writing Don!

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 02-21-2005).]

Tom

#85057 - 02/21/05 08:17 AM Re: News alert
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Instantly recognized he hand of an experienced old PR guy when I read the timeline and the use of "quotes" pulled out of the air to support the points made in the release. How FUNNY!

Good work, Don, do uoi miss it?

Russ

#85058 - 02/21/05 08:30 AM Re: News alert
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Russ,
I don't miss it, but then the internet allows me to keep my hand in. Also, I do a program in which we sell advertising to support nursing home shows. We're currently doing about 25 cities and expanding. I'm hoping that eventually that will be my primary "gig".
I haven't updated this site in quite a while, but you can see what it's about here: http://donnymason.tripod.com/hayridesunshineshow/index.html

DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online