SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#84982 - 07/27/05 08:31 AM Re: Too Hot For Golf . . . Nahh
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
You folks should take a trip out here to British Columbia, particularly Victoria.
If you don't like the weather.....
...Wait five minutes.

------------------
...shboom

#84983 - 07/27/05 01:04 PM Re: Too Hot For Golf . . . Nahh
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey Gary,
You could be right - I've seen it snow in July here before now.

Hey Shboom,
You're almost right - the two seasons are snow flies and road construction. And hey, I was in Victoria last summer and it didn't rain once - I loved the place. They don't call it Beautiful British Columbia for nothing, folks!

#84984 - 07/27/05 02:31 PM Re: Too Hot For Golf . . . Nahh
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I used to live in Spokane, the weather was fabulous in the summer, bone dry, no humidity and no rain for six months of the year. Other than the first winter I live there, winter tended to be relatively mild, much more so than here in Maryland. That first winter was brutal, with more than 100 inches of snow on the lawn. I remember having to shovel off the roof of my house three times that winter, and the third time I slipped and fell. No problem--only fell about a foot or two.

The main reason I moved back here was to go to medical school at Johns Hopkins. Unfortunately, I was rejected because I did not fit into any of the minority categories or age, which at the time took precidence over old farts like me who at the time had just celebrated my 30th birthday.

BC was nice, but black files, never-ending rain, and snow just was not what I was looking for. Hence, we moved back to the People's Republic of Maryland. Ironically, they call it the Free State, but since I've lived here I've never found the freebees and the legislature seems to never have found a tax they didn't like. Gotta' find a big sailboat and get the hell out of here!

NAH--She'll never go for this one either.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#84985 - 07/29/05 05:40 AM Re: Too Hot For Golf . . . Nahh
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Don,

I played golf yesterday. It was 75 degrees and blue skies, just right.

Gary I thought musicians WERE minorities?

Tom

Tom

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online