SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#84168 - 09/21/05 06:11 AM Ya' gotta' have priorities...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
During the past month I have been trying to get an old boat ready to sail. In the next few days I'll try to post some photos of my latest project, but in the mean time here is a photo of one that is nearly identical to the boat I'm putting the finishing touches upon. Maybe next week I'll be sailing over the distant horizon.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#84169 - 09/21/05 07:19 AM Re: Ya' gotta' have priorities...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Gary...

Lookin' Good Mon!

Need a 2nd Mate? (I realize Carol has dibs on 1st Mate.) I'd love to cruise with you through the mountains of Baltimore.

A suggestion for your "next project": How about retro-fitting the mast, converting it to a giant cylindrical speaker similar to the Bose L1?

Eddie

#84170 - 09/21/05 07:24 AM Re: Ya' gotta' have priorities...
travlin'easy Offline

Yep, the mast PA system would allow me to be a travlin' OMB, sailing from marina to marina and performing from the deck of the boat.

Not a bad idea at all! Hmmmmmm.

NAH! She'll never go for it.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#84171 - 09/21/05 10:49 AM Re: Ya' gotta' have priorities...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Gary...it looks like a 27' Daysailer or O'Day....have fun...good show.....Mine is still in Jersey in dry storage, 32' Jersey
cabin sportfisherman...wish I had it down here....it probable needs a lot of work on it...maybe it can be your next project..hehe
Tony Rome

#84172 - 09/21/05 07:47 PM Re: Ya' gotta' have priorities...
travlin'easy Offline

Tony,

It's a 27 Catalina with a full galley, dinette, head, and sleeps four. If I enjoy sailing as much as I believe I will, might jump up to a much larger boat in a couple years. Then again, she might just put a bullet in my head if I mention something about it!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#84173 - 09/22/05 04:40 PM Re: Ya' gotta' have priorities...
travlin'easy Offline

Well, I'm almost ready to go sailin'. Just got to put the mainsail on the mast and boom, put a coat of wax on the cockpit and cabin exterior, and do a little more interior work. Still waiting on the engine guy to finish his job too. Here's some new photos for you to peruse.

Maybe another week or work and I'll be done--at least for a while.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#84174 - 09/22/05 04:46 PM Re: Ya' gotta' have priorities...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Good lookin boat Gary....how much water does
she draw....but most important, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO NAME HER.....
Tony Rome

#84175 - 09/22/05 04:52 PM Re: Ya' gotta' have priorities...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
Good lookin boat Gary....how much water does
she draw....but most important, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO NAME HER.....
Tony Rome

"travlin'easy" would work

#84176 - 09/22/05 06:33 PM Re: Ya' gotta' have priorities...
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Well this sure brings back some memories. I've had 2 Catalina 27's. One in Florida in the 70's and one up here in the 80's and part of the 90's. I traded that one up for my Ocean City condo. It's a great boat and I know you're going to love it. I've also sailed Catalina 22's. Where are you keeping it?

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#84177 - 09/22/05 07:50 PM Re: Ya' gotta' have priorities...
travlin'easy Offline

Tony,

Nigel nailed it "Travlin' Easy" will be painted on the stern this winter. The boat draws just 4 feet of water, which for a sailboat is not a lot.

Joe,

Right now the boat is in the North East River's upper reaches, but in the next few weeks I hope to have it at the mouth of the Susquehanna River near the U.S. 40 Bridge--closer to deep water.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online