SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#84132 - 06/02/05 04:36 AM Were opening for Huey Lewis and the News
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Through our affiliation with a local radio station, MIX 97, we were selected as the opening act for a local performance by Huey Lewis and the News here in New York on August 13th.

I can't wait to hook into that awesome sound system. Only, I'll be on drums and not keyboards this time. :-(
http://www.cloudnyne.com

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#84133 - 06/02/05 04:47 AM Re: Were opening for Huey Lewis and the News
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hey, kbrkr! You can play drum computer. With a good will and one closed eye that will be a little bit like a keyboard...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#84134 - 06/02/05 05:24 AM Re: Were opening for Huey Lewis and the News
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
kbrkr ... that's great news ... Hopefully with your 'connection' you will be able to plug into the same sound system ... I've seen instances where the opening act uses whatever, and when the headliner comes in the 'good stuff' is turned on ... it's all just to make the 'star' sound that much better ...
I played with a classic rock band a few years back and it was great when we had the opportunity to play through some heavy equipment with a sound guy out front running the show from some huge mixer ...
Good luck, and as they say, "Break a leg" ...

t.

#84135 - 06/02/05 07:50 AM Re: Were opening for Huey Lewis and the News
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Durn, that's cool. Very few people ever get to open for any band that was ever that famous.

#84136 - 06/02/05 08:33 AM Re: Were opening for Huey Lewis and the News
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Good on Ya kbrkr !!
Have a great time at your gig.
That's most likely gonna be an incredible front end system.

------------------
...shboom

#84137 - 06/02/05 10:01 AM Re: Were opening for Huey Lewis and the News
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I consider myself very blessed.

I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden we seem to be the hottest band in the New York Metro Area. I mean, we've been bustin' are butts rehearsing, learning all new songs which really focus on DANCE music and vocal harmonies, playing all kinds of clubs, etc.

We do have two of the best female vocalists in the area. Once the radio station picked us as the house band, all the doors are opening because of all the airtime they are giving us. Club owners are calling us to try and book us so their establishment get's air time on the radio. Brides are calling us for their wedding trying to back-out of thier existing entertainment contracts so they can hire us. It's just gotten crazy!!

We just had a mobile recording studio come out and record us at one of our live gigs and the CD is almost completely mastered. I'll try and post something soon either here or on our website.

I go on the air tomorrow morning (Friday, 7:00 am est) for their morning show to introduce the band and play our CD. It should be loads of fun, however, since they are a zoo-like morning show, they are making loads of fun with our mullet haired lead guitarist. They are relentless with him. Tomorrow, we will get some payback.

Thanks for letting me share this with you guys. I've been coming to SZ for support for the past 2-3 years, so thank you all for all your help in getting me to this point.

Regards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#84138 - 06/02/05 11:59 AM Re: Were opening for Huey Lewis and the News
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Congratulations...you and the group should be very proud..that's a quite an acomplishment....keep up the good work and
make sure that you record it somehow so we can get a sample.....good luck.....
Tony Rome

#84139 - 06/03/05 09:15 AM Re: Were opening for Huey Lewis and the News
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I've heard of that great band, Cloud Nyne, but who is Hewey Lewis??

Just kidding!!!!

Have fun,

Jerry

#84140 - 06/03/05 11:23 AM Re: Were opening for Huey Lewis and the News
StPatrick Offline

Loc: Bentonville, VA USA
Awesome!!!!!! I saw them live at the Concert for America in Washington D.C. right after 911 and they were great. He seems like a good guy. Wouldn't it be great to have a hit or two and milk it for the rest of your life, lol. I know they had several hits and i'm kidding around but I'd love to be a one hit wonder and be able to get $5,000 a night on the state fair circuit until i drop dead of old age or start drooling, lol.
Knock em dead. We're all proud of you!!!!

#84141 - 06/03/05 01:50 PM Re: Were opening for Huey Lewis and the News
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Wow! thats great! Kudos to you and you have my best luck at your concert. You sounds like ya have a great music future ahead and you know about famous musicians...$$$ hehe.

Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online