SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#83992 - 05/11/05 12:44 PM Re: Countdown to zero
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Really? I no longer do that since my ideas are iratic and I'm easily influenced by the surroundings. I guess that's why I'm very good with improvising and jamming.
I always save my songs as an Autoload file for Logic. That way if I power up my Mac and boot Logic I'll be forced to work on what I was doing before. Otherwise it will get lost somewhere on my hard drive....
ONce what I'm working on becomes something worth working on I give it it's own name and treat it as an independant piece of music with it's own name, progression, properties, plan etc.
I am a big believer in brain storming and jamming. ALthough I've never just moved into creative process of writing a tune while jamming. It's as if there's a certain lag time between me playing and my brain putting it all into some kind of a structure. My best work was done after jamming for days and then getting up in the middle of the night to start incorporating new ideas and discoveries into my work.
Rarely I will actually have a clear plan of what I want to do. I find it annoying. YOu start a great trance piece and while messing with all of the sounds you get all those ideas for something totally different. I even tried saving alternate ideas while working on somehthing specific but it always proven to be useless, since I end up not going back to them after. Even if I do they just don't make sense.
So my creative process is a blend of confusion and ambiguity. WOrks though!

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 05-11-2005).]

#83993 - 05/12/05 08:36 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Well, some songs that I'm writing are also 'out of plan' but nevertheless I make them ready because this will always clear my mind. Composing in my case means that I have an aim and I'm going this way to the end.
If I would like to write (for example) 10 songs for one album they would have to be related to another. So I usually write up to 15 songs for this album and get the best 10 songs out of it. Something like that would happen...

Okay, the song Planet Outpost reaches its last third part. I only reveal that the violin has done its work and the organ sounds really mysterious...
Let me close this song and I'll be ready for the next one!!!

#83994 - 05/12/05 11:32 AM Re: Countdown to zero
3351 Offline

Violin and an Organ?
Bach nostalgia?
Is it that special time of the year again?
LOL.
As soon as you have the rough mix post it. I'll make a special psycho Microwave XT remix.
Provided I have the XT by then. The seller doesn't answer my e-mails and that is not a good sign...
I do not buy from anyone who doesn't return e-mails.
Oh, no matter, there will be other oportunities.

I've been heavily tweaking the Micro Q and it is a little monster. Very rich sounding synth. Just astonishing.
Even though it doesn't have nearly as many wavetables as the Microwave and wave synths it still sounds awsome.
Huge sound. Lots of motion.
Only 256 waves to play with but with additional FM and unusual filter capabilities it blows me away. Although, what am I saying. 256 Waves is exactly half of what the Microwave XT has.
The only thing I cannot do is make my own custom wavetables.
So if getting the XT will become work - I shall find other things to spend my money on!

-ED-

#83995 - 05/12/05 12:37 PM Re: Countdown to zero
BobMiner Offline

Loc: Albuquerque, NM USA
Hi Sheriff,
Me again.

Good luck on the CD...I'll buy one.

Check ours out at www.benmartinez.com

I'm the sax player.

You can listen for free via the links on left page of MP3's

What is your recording device?

#83996 - 05/12/05 03:02 PM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Hi, Bob!

Nice to see that you've visited the bar...
Thank you very much for your well wishes!

The music I could hear from your homepage is very good. It's not really that what I hear the whole days long... ...but it's a kind of Jazz that I sometimes like very much. And you guys have a great line-up. The guitar, the bass, the sax, the percussions and especially the drums - a good rhythm is the heart of a band.

Some of your songs are strongly influenced by the Blues like Bob's Bit which has a very cool bass pickings combined with some good guitar sweeps, or like the last song Robo Cop which has a fantastic vintage organ sound and a strong lead guitar. Hey, Bob, who played the organ in this song? Was it the percussion player?
And last but not least your own sax playing is strong and clean. You're the leader with your instrument...that's clear to hear...
You must have many girls hangin' on your lips while playing the sax...

Oh, by the way, I couldn't find the name of the Band on your site. It sounds like you were playing a long time with your friends...
A real good work!!! Keep on Jazzing - never stopping!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#83997 - 05/12/05 03:13 PM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 3351:
Violin and an Organ?
Bach nostalgia?
Is it that special time of the year again?
LOL.

After I have teached J.S.Bach playing his organs this question is a bit out of line, I'm afraid...
Nono, it's not like Bach, it's more like...hmm, I don't really know what it is...I think it's a little bit of all I know...

Quote:
As soon as you have the rough mix post it. I'll make a special psycho Microwave XT remix.

Wow, that would blow me away...*LOL*
But it could be interesting to try it out...

Quote:
The seller doesn't answer my e-mails and that is not a good sign...I do not buy from anyone who doesn't return e-mails.

You're a good fellow, ED! Don't trust him as long as he keeps silent!!!

#83998 - 05/12/05 08:32 PM Re: Countdown to zero
3351 Offline

Nope, that XT seller doesn't look good. I've given up.

BTW, here's what I really want: http://www.access-music.de/events/11-2004/virusti_basics.php4

#83999 - 05/13/05 12:11 PM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Oh, yeah!!!

And that's what I really want: Super-Pipe-Organ !!!

At the moment I'm searching for a midi adaptor for this instrument...

#84000 - 05/13/05 01:57 PM Re: Countdown to zero
3351 Offline

Okay man,
Here: http://www.pipeorgans.com/

Buy one for me too!

-ED-

#84001 - 05/13/05 07:53 PM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Hm, well, I think...your pipe is bigger than mine...hihihi...
Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!

I would really like to work with a didgeridoo. I think I remember on a sample CD with didgeridoo sounds for synths. Maybe I should buy one...

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online