SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Topic Options
#83972 - 05/05/05 03:06 PM Re: Countdown to zero
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Well, easy or not, challenge or not you will still get a much fuller sound if you add some more synths (virtual or otherwise) to your sound.

I know what you meant, but obviously being a guy with rather edgy sense of humour I love to blow things out of proportion and take certain comments to the absurd!
It is my forte! LOL

-ED-

#83973 - 05/05/05 05:42 PM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by 3351:
Well, easy or not, challenge or not you will still get a much fuller sound if you add some more synths (virtual or otherwise) to your sound.

Is this a secret hint? Ah, yet I understand!
You wanna help me with your equipment!!!
Hey, cool! When do you wanna come???

#83974 - 05/06/05 03:54 AM Re: Countdown to zero
3351 Offline

Of course I'd like to help.
After all it is my job as a producer.
All I have to do is get on my private helicopter, come over and rescue yet another one-synth mix!

-ED-

#83975 - 05/06/05 06:23 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Cool! ED McGyver!!!
Build a synth out of 3 matches only and get the current from a sewing needle...

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-06-2005).]

#83976 - 05/06/05 06:36 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Okay, the last green light won't flash. Now it's friday and tonight I'll start recording again. I've got no cable and no HHD for internal use. C-LAB told me that the cable will cost 4.85 Euros but they want 10.- Euros in addition because the ordering is too low priced for them. Also they want to have 8.- Euros for shipping and 5.- Euros for collect on delivery. So I have to pay 23.- Euros plus 4.85 Euros for the cable.
Hey, it's a german factory! Why are the shipping costs so high for only one cable? Soundpool had sent me 2 DSP cables for my Falcon (each costs 10.- Euro) with one letter - their shipping costs were 4.- Euro.

I usually don't use 'collect on delivery' because it's too expensive. And 10.- Euros only for farting? No way!!!

So we'll work on without the SCSI thing...so, the 'chief' has spoken...

Hey, they don't like to see their names on my next CD I guess...hehe...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-06-2005).]

#83977 - 05/06/05 08:33 AM Re: Countdown to zero
3351 Offline

Okay,
Sheriff, if you really think you can use some extra sound, bounce some of the ideas off me and I'll send you some TraX to mess with.

Looks it you will need some real help on this one.

NOw, I'm in love! IT is a G5 2.5 GB processor with 1.5GB bus speed and 8GB RAM.
I've decided to give up on using Digidesign hardware and use an Edirol interface instead.

Now, all I need to do is to start another thread and have everyone donate some cash so I can put my dream on the table.
An office table to be exact.

LOL

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 05-06-2005).]

#83978 - 05/06/05 09:01 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Looks it you will need some real help on this one.

Hmm, did you ever heard a song of Danny Barion?
Try this one: Kolonist (is not longer available now)!!!

Quote:
NOw, I'm in love! IT is a G5 2.5 GB processor with 1.5GB bus speed and 8GB RAM...

...and then TOS on it!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Now, all I need to do is to start another thread and have everyone donate some cash...

Yeah! Give me your money and I will give you music!!!
Sounds a little bit like a juke box...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-25-2005).]

#83979 - 05/06/05 11:33 AM Re: Countdown to zero
3351 Offline

Hey SHeriff,
Now that I know that you like space rock as much as I once did, I can only say that for this particular style anything goes. So using K2000 and a bunch of external Fx does the trick.
I see you like lots of delay. Cool!
Even the drums have tons of delay eh?
I used to mix that way before I got consumed by film production music and pop scene. There, no extra effect gets into the mix without a fight with some bozo who's idea of FX processing is EQ, Compressor and a touch of reverb. I'm glad that people with that limited mentality are all dead by now!

So it is safe to say that I only throw huge delays on sounds by request. Myself, I only use delay lines and fake tape echo effects when I write Dance stuff (which is what I'm being asked to do most of the time).
So nowadays I do very littel rock. ON ocasion I get a band that wants to sound like U2 so I just throw a bunch of delays, tracker synths, distortion wah, heavy mod FX and a bit of analog modeling stuff and they are happy. Especially when I get the dottet eight note delay with a flange happenning on one of the channels.
Well, laugh all you want but I get payed for this stuff!

So I haven't withdrawn my offer. The only thing is, I haven't done any jamming with space rock bands in a loooong time.
Mind you the mix that I heard sounded like a band number with free running progression and basically five or six musical ideas chained together. Ideal stuff for stacking up ideas for live performance.

I assume that is what you intend to do? Play it live?
So is it safe to say that you are pretty much finished with this track and you don't intend to re-organize it into something a littel bit more structured? By that I mean put together into something with more refined progression and yet at the same time keep and emphasize the strong points of the original?

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 05-06-2005).]

#83980 - 05/07/05 05:11 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
I see you like lots of delay. Cool!
Even the drums have tons of delay eh?

Yes, but it isn't as easy as it sounds to play with two different delays at the same time. I used a big delay for the guitar and some backing tracks. I used a flanged tap delay for the drums to get a bigger room for it and the typical space sound. Both delays have their own time tunnels (repeats) which are nevertheless working together in a second rhythm harmony...

Quote:
Well, laugh all you want but I get payed for this stuff!

Hahaha...okay, I laughed the way you wanted...
But, I believe you! You can use a few instruments (maybe only one?) and make your music and it may could sound much better than thousands of instruments. Why so? Because of the thousands of effects we are using for the ONE instrument sending via further mixer channels...

Quote:
So I haven't withdrawn my offer. The only thing is, I haven't done any jamming with space rock bands in a loooong time.

Hey, I think that's not a problem because we have so much spaaaaaaaaaace...

Quote:
Mind you the mix that I heard sounded like a band number with free running progression and basically five or six musical ideas chained together. Ideal stuff for stacking up ideas for live performance.

Yes, live performance is my aim at the end. But for now I will finish my recordings. Then I'll look for some musicians who want to play some tunes together with me in a full line-up for 'tourings'...

Quote:
So is it safe to say that you are pretty much finished with this track and you don't intend to re-organize it into something a littel bit more structured?

Well, for this song there's a first copyright of the year 2001 by *RMRost. That means that this song was first composed as a title song of a computer game demo (synth version without guitar). Starting the Album "Lost In Space" brought me this song back into my mind. So, I decided to re-record this song again as the opening act but this time with guitar...
It was a little bit difficult for me to play through the flying parts without to know when exactly the drums will start to beat or when the volume of the sounds will have reached its highest level. Hey, sometimes it was really like a blind flight through the canyons...
...but nevertheless I really love it...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-07-2005).]

#83981 - 05/07/05 06:11 PM Re: Countdown to zero
3351 Offline

Hey SHeriff,
Does this appear safe to go for: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38071&item=7320480192&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

SHould Eye? Should Eye nought?

-ED-

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online