SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#83663 - 09/23/05 02:12 PM Dear staff of NI and NI software users...
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Greetings to all.
I'm just wondering if anyone here ever experienced a similar problem with NI and their products.

Not long ago I've upgraded to Apple's latest state of the art OS X.4 Tiger. In fact my new G5 came with it right out of the box. Won't run anything else actually.
I can't complain. THe OS is great. Logic Pro 7 works better than ever. Likewise with most software instruments BUT!!!

My favorite instrument of all - NI Absynth 3.0 won't even install....
Having installed it using Mac OS X.3 Panther so many times I inserted my Absynth 3.0 installer CD and proceeded with what I thought would be a routine installation. Notta so much...
Installer App kept crashing on me over and over. RIght at the point when you get to click "Install". Just hangs there. Can't quit it. Can't continue. So after having so much fun with it I attempted to contact NI by e-mail. Didn't get any reply. Tried it again. Same deal. No answer.

Tested the installer CD on both of my Macs and got the same annoying crash. So I got fed up and called NI US tech support. Spent about half an hour describing the problem. Didn't get any clear answers. He basically kept insisting that it should work and in return I kept telling him that it doesn't.... It was really productive. By the end of the conversation he asked me to send my installer CD for testing and potential replacement. It was done.

Today I got my Absynth 3.0 replacement CD. Same deal. It crashes.

Dear staff of NI!
I don't mean to sound harsh but with all due respect and admiration of your products you can do better than beat around the bush. Just admit that there is a compatibility issue. Take your time. Take care of it. I use Absynth and other Native instruments products a lot and would like to continue using them.

Now here's a punch line. Friend just upgrated to Tiger. He has several NI products. Fm7, Absynth 3.0, Kontakt and Pro 53. THe only thing that he was able to install was Pro 53.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 09-23-2005).]

#83664 - 09/23/05 05:20 PM Re: Dear staff of NI and NI software users...
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Actually I'll skip my next drink. what am I doing posting about Mac problems in The Bar?
Okay. for all the non Mac users next round is on me.

Cheers.

-ED-

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online