SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#83620 - 10/29/07 07:51 PM Re: Tired of being let down by people...
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
I just wonder if some of this dross of society who end up behind bars, had they had, as children, someone of Dave's calibre to guide them, they wouldn't be in the position they're in today.

tonymads: I fear that after these people are indicted and sentenced they merely end up as 'apprentices' in jail, and learn even more advanced techniques towards their criminal careers. I wish I were wrong about that.

#83621 - 10/30/07 04:28 AM Re: Tired of being let down by people...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
For what its worth both guy in my area grew up in well to do areas with traditional families around them for the most part...

Still, what happened to personal accountability? We're grown men and women and what Mommy or Daddy did or didn't do 30 + years ago is really a bit of a stretch. I had a controlling Mother and a unfaithful and petty Father but I decided along time ago I was going to be different. I have my faults, for sure, but sometimes we wind up viewing the criminals in this country like victims.

Which is not a good thing...

#83622 - 10/30/07 03:20 PM Re: Tired of being let down by people...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I am so grateful that my school has a different approach to education. We put the "head and heart" BEFORE the brain.
We teach the kids respect. We take the golden rule a step further ..... we show respect the most even when someone deserves it the LEAST. This is what creates a bond between the educators and the kids. A few years ago, these kids were in rehabs, juvi, or harsh, lock-down alternative schools. Last weekend, we took them to another state, left them to wander through crowds of people, ate together, talked together, traveled together ... all without incident.
Without our school, I fear many of these kids would end up dead or in prison. They were invisible at their old schools ... wasting away, feeling inferior. Last year we graduated 25 kids. 25 are enrolled in college this year.
I thank God every day for the chance I have to be with these terrific people.

I feel the same way about this forum. I don't say it enough, but THANK YOU ALL. Sometimes, this house is too quiet and too dark... you guys light up the room !

#83623 - 10/31/07 09:07 AM Re: Tired of being let down by people...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, speaking of being let down, how's your love life? Better I hope!
DonM

#83624 - 10/31/07 01:41 PM Re: Tired of being let down by people...
Uncle Dave Offline

Naw...it's at an all time worst. Donna's gone for good. we finally put the last nail in the coffin this weekend. Sigh ......
I lost a good one there - THREE times ! yikes, huh?

#83625 - 10/31/07 02:01 PM Re: Tired of being let down by people...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Got a good Kentucky girl for you...she promised to polish her TOOTH and everything!

"Redneck " Russ

#83626 - 11/01/07 06:33 AM Re: Tired of being let down by people...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, so sorry to hear that. But, good things come to good people, and perhaps it will all be for the best in the end.
You're not by yourself, it happened to Richie Valens 50 years ago.
If that Kentucky girl doesn't work out, there are lots of Cajuns down here who would appreciate you! Many have all their teeth.
DonM

#83627 - 11/02/07 07:17 PM Re: Tired of being let down by people...
Uncle Dave Offline

Ooohhhhh, you guyze !

#83628 - 11/04/07 06:23 AM Re: Tired of being let down by people...
Uncle Dave Offline

Took in a broadway show with the "new girl" yesterday. It was nice....Times Square, Theater, great food, hustle, bustle etc ....
That was my baby step from my current situation with Donna.
one step at a time.

#83629 - 11/04/07 11:17 AM Re: Tired of being let down by people...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Perhaps suggest think of developing a new "friendship" rather than a "romance" and it may be much easier on the both of you...

Good luck-just remember, women are fickle and men are pigs...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online