SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#83418 - 05/10/05 03:16 AM Re: Upcoming Superstar
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
• Internet dancer
Feb. 17: "Today's" Matt Lauer talks about a young man who has become an Internet phenomenon.

Today show You go, Gary!

‘Numa’ takes Web by storm Dance to Romanian tune cracks up the world
MSNBC

Updated: 11:30 a.m. ET Feb. 17, 2005

A bespectacled, lip-synching young man from the Jersey suburbs has become the hottest thing to hit the Internet since the Spiridellis brothers started making JibJab cartoons.

Gyrating before a Webcam to the techno beat of a Romanian pop song without ever leaving his chair, Gary Brolsma’s uncanny timing in a video he calls “Numa Numa Dance” has Web watchers cracking up around the globe and cramming the e-mail boxes of their friends with links to the cyber hit.

Featured Thursday on NBC’s “Today” show, the video has already gotten more than a million hits on one Web site, according to one report. On MSNBC.com, “searches for this kid absolutely dominate our site search today,” according to producer Will Femia.

Brolsma, 19, of Saddle Brook, N.J., performs his hit to the strains of O-Zone’s “Dragostea Din Tei,” a song that would be titled “Love Among the Linden Trees” in English. The “Numa Numa” title of the video is from a line in the song.

William Hung channeling ‘Star Wars’ kid
So what’s the video like? “Imagine William Hung of ‘American Idol’ channeling the ‘Star Wars' kid — the last big cult hit in computerland — and you get the picture,” said the New York Daily News. “The highlight may be the moment when he flicks his tongue at the lens. Or maybe when he raises one eyebrow twice over his wire-rimmed spectacles.”

“You wonder for a second when you’re watching it, is this for real,” Joe Levy of Rolling Stone magazine told Matt Lauer of the “Today” show. “Is it a phenomenon? Oh, yeah. Are people richly amused? Oh yes, very much so.” So much, pointed out Lauer, that Brolsma’s handiwork made VH-1’s “Best Week Ever” list.

Matt Lauer’s own take: While many e-mails don’t live up to their promises to deliver humor, “This one is the real deal.”

[This message has been edited by Jerryghr (edited 05-10-2005).]

#83419 - 05/10/05 04:38 AM Re: Upcoming Superstar
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
Hey, Trevor, that's such a good idea!! Next weekend I'll take my laptop to gig... maybe I'll put some "very nice" movies on the screen and make sound through the HK Actor!! Did you hear for "Severinas" movie?

sLOWER

#83420 - 05/10/05 05:39 AM Re: Upcoming Superstar
dendanna Offline

empty screen, it does not show anything

------------------

[This message has been edited by dendanna (edited 05-10-2005).]

#83421 - 05/10/05 05:56 AM Re: Upcoming Superstar
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
For those who cannot view. Try launching from this site.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6987134/

Jerry

#83422 - 05/10/05 08:14 AM Re: Upcoming Superstar
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
What's that about? I don't understand a word of it. What are they writing about? I thought I could understand the english language but I don't understand a simple word. There are some names like 'Lauer' or 'Numa' but I don't see any relationship to another...
Is it possible that a big text like I saw it on this side is lacking of any sense?

I felt better as I thought I were immune...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#83423 - 05/10/05 12:15 PM Re: Upcoming Superstar
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:

Tony...you're not missing it, YOU'RE LUCKY...
Tony Rome

Having read through the rest of the posts, I had a feeling this was a video I had seen a couple of months ago ... going to the msnbc site confirmed it ...
People go crazy over this stuff, and a OMB takes abuse because "he's not PLAYING" ... go figure .......

t.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online