SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#83325 - 10/07/06 04:51 PM Re: I need some life advice.
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Steve ... I avoid the GWB and the Cross Bronx at almost ANY expense ... the tunnels from NJ are much better ... or even take public transportation ...
t.

Tony, I usually avoid GW, but it's been a number of years since we've travelled to NYC and when we saw the back up on I-287 near I-95 we thought what the heck let's go the GW. At the time WCBS wasn't reporting any major backups either on the Cross Bronx.....well you know the rest. Next trip I'll have to remember your advice about using the tunnels

Originally posted by tonymads
Quote:
There is nothing like fall in RI !!! (right Steve???) ...

Right on the money Tony!!!

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 10-07-2006).]

#83326 - 10/08/06 05:06 AM Re: I need some life advice.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
quote from Stephen52:
At the time WCBS wasn't reporting any major backups either on the Cross Bronx.....

... they don't have to announce tie ups ... the C-B was BUILT with a tie-up ...
t.

#83327 - 10/10/06 03:36 AM Re: I need some life advice.
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I think the only way to enjoy NYC is to Live in NYC and get around by Taxi, Subway, or bicycle. Commuting is just a horror story.

On the change of seasons thing; Yes I love spring and Fall, spring is best because of it's rebirth. Fall has become quite depressing up here since it announces 8 months of gray/brown trees, grass, etc., bare trees, and no greenery. It's really quite depressing. We won't see any green around here now until May/June. Just think about that a second.

There are some days when it rains that I take a shuttle van from Broadway around City Hall to the World Financial Center which is on the Water front. It's literally two blocks, but it takes 15-20 minutes because of traffic!

Why can't they change New York to be more like Singapore where they charge $150.00 to enter the city and charge city dwellers $50K to register their cars. They also have NO DRIVE zones setup in and around the city to avoid congestion and pollution. I think it's a great idea!

Oh well, I guess the decision has been made. No I need to negotiate that job offer!

Thanks everyone.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#83328 - 10/10/06 03:29 PM Re: I need some life advice.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Go to it Al ... best of luck ....

When my company was deciding where to move, supposedly, it came down to Syracuse NY and the greater Providence area ... I was convinced they threw Syracuse in there just to make Providence look that much better ... I don't know what I would be doing now had they selected Syracuse, but I know I wasn't moving there ...

At the time, official demographics showed that Syracuse averaged 64 sunny days per year ...considering the fact that summer is barely about 8 week long, unless EVERY sunny day is in the summer .....
t.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online