SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#8299 - 04/17/02 01:27 PM need some info on...
sparky24 Offline

Loc: sheffield, england
on grooveboxes, right, over the last couple of years i've wanted to get intro the production of dance music. and in a year or so i'' be buying a pc, soundcard, software etc but until then i want to try out a groovebox but the trouble is i don't know anythin about them.
if you anything about them ie)
what other equipment i'd need to use the groovebox.
what equipment can be used with a groovebox.
will i be able to use a groovebox with a pc and midi keyboard?
basically if you know anything could you let me know? cheers. know any decent grooveboxes?

#8300 - 04/17/02 01:42 PM Re: need some info on...
tekminus Offline

My advice is to stay clear of the Roland Groove crap. A more sensible option would be to invest in a sampler and maybe try out some dance music construction kit cds. If you get a decent PC, you can work with audio files on that.

There are all kinds of grooveboxes out there today. Some are better than the average Roland box, but I'd still go for a sampler. It's so much more flexible and you're not limited to one sound-set. Check out the Akai MPC series. It's a good sampler combined with a table-top like box with pads.

Yes, you can use a groovebox with a PC and a keyboard.

-tek

#8301 - 04/17/02 04:57 PM Re: need some info on...
Soft Machine Offline

If you want to create "drum" patterns for dance music , Grooveboxes are not bad at all
BUT it has a price tag

Fruity Loops is a very good alternative too and its ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!!

#8302 - 04/18/02 12:35 PM Re: need some info on...
optinone Offline

Loc: St. Cloud, MN USA
Grooveboxes are for the weak, and are very lame not many creation possiblities, and ROM drum sounds are crap get a sampler. Arpeggiators are for the weak too. Get an MPC2000 or whatever their called.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online