SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#81626 - 01/25/05 07:33 AM I'll bet you ....
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... never had a "lip - syncher" perform with you !!!
Reading the thread about "The dreaded guest singer" reminded me of a guy who was a regular at a place I worked a couple of years ago ... After the first couple of weeks passed, the guy says to me "I've heard you do 'For The Good Times', and I would like to do it" ... I asked if he did it in the same key, and he said "No, I want you to sing it but just give me a mic" ... I gave him a spare mic and started singing the song ... Well, the guy goes to the center of the dance floor, and starts LIP-SYNCHING to my singing ... The crowd, most of which was made up of regulars who knew each other, got a kick out of it ... needless to say it became a regular routine ... At least he lip-synched in my key ...
t.

#81627 - 01/25/05 09:42 AM Re: I'll bet you ....
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Now that's funny. It could be funnier yet if you'd really screwed up the vocal and then point at the guy.

#81628 - 01/25/05 10:18 AM Re: I'll bet you ....
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Great idea, Glenn.

In fact, next time you come down to Florida would you mind standing on stage with me and lip-synching so that I will have someone to point at when I screw up?

Eddie

#81629 - 01/25/05 10:38 AM Re: I'll bet you ....
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
Now that's funny. It could be funnier yet if you'd really screwed up the vocal and then point at the guy.

Glenn ... I actually did that one night with the line "... hold your warm and tender body close to mine...", I sang '...hold your warm and NAKED body close to mine ... " we both pointed at each other ... the crowd thought it was funny ... ....
t.

#81630 - 01/25/05 11:22 AM Re: I'll bet you ....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
... never had a "lip - syncher" perform with you !!!
Reading the thread about "The dreaded guest singer" reminded me of a guy who was a regular at a place I worked a couple of years ago ... After the first couple of weeks passed, the guy says to me "I've heard you do 'For The Good Times', and I would like to do it" ... I asked if he did it in the same key, and he said "No, I want you to sing it but just give me a mic" ... I gave him a spare mic and started singing the song ... Well, the guy goes to the center of the dance floor, and starts LIP-SYNCHING to my singing ... The crowd, most of which was made up of regulars who knew each other, got a kick out of it ... needless to say it became a regular routine ... At least he lip-synched in my key ...
t.

Actually, we did it here at my place many times with a tourist from Minn. we have a bunch of guys and gals from the North East, they would come down every winter coming again Feb 16th..there was one guy , Pauly,
always got the shakes when drinking and I used to let the group sing karaoke, well one day Pauly says to me the same, let me lip- sink to Pretty Woman....well he grabbed the mic and I put the disc on and gave him the
spot light and dimmed the stage lights grabbed the other mic and stooped behind the karaoke both and we went at it....buy the time it was over the crowd was screaming for more saying I didn't know Pauly could sing that good...him and Tony should do a duet together....well the crowd had no idea, Pauly just gave the mic back and walked off the stage to a standing ovation smiling his a$$ off and it has been a yearly thing ever since....long live Pauly....

#81631 - 01/25/05 11:35 AM Re: I'll bet you ....
tony mads usa Offline

Tony R ... great stuff ... looking forward to the video !!! ... you could probably work out a duet with a lighting guy spolighting either you or Pauly at the time each of you is supposed to sing ... ...
t.

#81632 - 01/25/05 12:34 PM Re: I'll bet you ....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Maybe I can borrow Uncle Daves smoke machine
and really pull off a slight of "Voice"..I mean hand....hehehe...who said that "Millie
Vanille" had a patent on Lip-Sinking....

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online