SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8120 - 01/28/05 04:15 PM Re: Are vintage synths falling out of favor?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I must admit that a lot of the software synthesizers on the market today, do sound really good. Like KORG'S Legacy collection and the MOOG Modualar V and the MINMOOG V from Arturia. Just to name a few. But to me the virtual version is no subsitute for the real thing.

Bob Moog makes note of analog synthesis in a recent article in the January issue of KEYBOARD magazine. He said the analog synthesis is the best means of sound creation. That digital cannot even come close. Which I can understand, and why he is still produceing synthesizers useing analog technology. Dave Smith is doing the same thing with his synths.

Okay back to my orignal point of this thread. I don't think that vintage synths are falling out of favor, but more or less out of the lime light. The had a good resurgance back in the Mid 90's when everyone had to have one. Now it's people are remebering or discovering a lot of the headaches one has to go through with gera. That some tend to get overheated, or they forgot or found out about osscilators drifting. Or discovering problems from taking this stuff on the road.

Even though vintage synths arent as sought after or in high demand as they were at one time. There will still be a handfull of people myself included who will want to own a vintage synth or two.

As for me a digital synth will work well for the Music that I want to create. As for the vintage synths, that is more from a collecters stand point. As far as software synths, I haven't really decided yet.

#8121 - 01/28/05 05:14 PM Re: Are vintage synths falling out of favor?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually I don't have a keyboard or means of recording music to my PC. Sorry!

I am saving up to buy a Triton Le music workstation. Once I have that and figured out how to record music to my computer and trasfer to MP3 then I will post music online.

[This message has been edited by Paul-61 (edited 01-28-2005).]

#8122 - 01/28/05 05:17 PM Re: Are vintage synths falling out of favor?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes I will! But I need to save money in oreder to buy the keyboard first.

#8123 - 01/28/05 05:31 PM Re: Are vintage synths falling out of favor?
Sanvean Offline

Loc: UK
Sorry about the posts not runnin in order but I was askin Paul to post up an address where WE could all hear his compositions......

#8124 - 01/28/05 05:40 PM Re: Are vintage synths falling out of favor?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your not the first person to aske me to post music.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online