SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#81189 - 07/21/06 12:53 PM Re: How Hot Was It?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by shboom:
I guess I'd better not mention our comfortable 82 degrees with the cool Ocean Breeze.

Ah...such is the life on the West Coast.

I am heading for Anacortes Friday and looking forward to some of that cool weather as it is sitting on 100 F at my house now at 2 PM. I could even dig some rain. Think you could conjure some up for us California tourists
Bebop

#81190 - 07/22/06 10:13 PM Re: How Hot Was It?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Reporting in from Edmonton, Alberta - 35C up here today (an all-time record). Even my backyard igloo melted, and my huskies went out on strike!

82F on the Wet Coast eh, Shboom? Must be nice.

#81191 - 07/24/06 02:44 PM Re: How Hot Was It?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
I will admit, this kind of heat is unusual for us. We normally get a fair bit of rain on the coast.
Our provincial flower is mildew, and B.C. residents don't tan... ..they rust !!

------------------
...shboom

#81192 - 07/24/06 05:57 PM Re: How Hot Was It?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
It was 119 Saturday at my house in West Hills, Ca. and to make matters even worse.......my power went out from Saturday after noon until Sunday evening. My wife and I almost roasted on Saturday night. We would have gone to a hotel but DWP told us they would get the electricity going that evening and it never happened. We've had 19 days in a row of over 100 degree temperatures. A new record for So. California. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#81193 - 07/24/06 08:37 PM Re: How Hot Was It?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia

I am heading for Anacortes Friday and looking forward to some of that cool weather as it is sitting on 100 F at my house now at 2 PM. I could even dig some rain. Think you could conjure some up for us California tourists
Bebop

It's on it's way Bebop...maybe not rain necessarily, but the temperature is expected to drop, particularly by friday. If you're heading into the B.C. interior or up Vancouver Island, be careful, the forests are the driest they've ever been, and I wouldn't want to see you get hurt.

Where are you headed Bebop ?

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 07-24-2006).]

#81194 - 07/28/06 08:40 AM Re: How Hot Was It?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's actually pretty moderate here now. I was in Atlanta, GA Sunday through Wednesday and the temperatures were in the 80s. I went from there to Tulsa, OK Wednesday night and it was warmer but still way down from the 100+ days they had been having for a couple weeks.
Today I'm back in Louisiana and it's cloudy and around 88, but the humidity is in the 90's also.
DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online