SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#81048 - 01/10/05 03:54 PM Let's talk business...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
One of my clients, Q-Lighting, is producing a new music stand light called the Maestro. We showed this little jewel at the summer NAMM and will be in california showing it and other products next week.

Sam Ash as entered an initial stocking order, and other smaller chains have as well. (Will probably be a few weeks before it is in the Sam Ash catalog).

This is an LED light which illuminates a full sheet, runs cool because of the LED and runs for about 12 hours on one set of batteries.

Frankly, it is not a mass merchandising item. What we need are people associated with the music industry to represent it to state music educator associations, philharmonic groups, university music departments, etc.

If anyone is interested, please contact me. We would give exclusive rights to represent
for a specific geography and specific types of accounts. Obviously, this direct account approach would only be viable in large metropolitan areas. Commission rate is 10%.

QED is a top rate company, located in Lexington, Kentucky. They are long time players in the medical and dental lighting industry. The owner and his cousin, the sales manager, are guitar players and love the music business.

Would be great if UD, Nigel, Gary or others
I've come to trust would be interested. It would be FUN!

Regards,

Russ

#81049 - 01/10/05 05:21 PM Re: Let's talk business...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Russ,

I no longer use the sheets--everything is on my laptops now and the music stand is for sale.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#81050 - 01/11/05 06:49 AM Re: Let's talk business...

Gary...

I don't use a music light either on the job. This product is this product is intended for for choruses, orchestras, music schools, drama departments...any group that uses charts.

Russ

#81051 - 01/11/05 06:53 AM Re: Let's talk business...

I'll pass this along to a friend who works in all of the above, plus has a huge contract with the local school system.

Thanks,

Gary

#81052 - 01/11/05 06:56 AM Re: Let's talk business...

I may not have made myself clear. I wasn't soliciting sales for the Maestro. We're looking for represenation..commissioned people to rep the product into the proper channels in metropolitan markets. If you are interested in checking out the product, go to Bil-lite.com. I thought that some full-time musicians might have some contacts and time in the day to giv it a try.

Thanks,

Russ

#81053 - 01/11/05 07:13 AM Re: Let's talk business...
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
The website says it's a 20-hour battery life on (3) AAA batteries. Even at the most optimistic levels that's a pack of batteries every few days for me... no thanks.

#81054 - 01/11/05 07:22 AM Re: Let's talk business...

Actually, battery life is one of the things current customers really like. They also appreciate the fact that the LED system dosen't generate heat on the music stand. Evidently the competing lights orchestras, choruses and the like use have far less capacity. Keep in mind, these lights aren't intended for folks like us who play 4-5 times a week. Most of us don't use music stand lights at all (at least I don't).Again, I'm not trying to sell individual units to anyone, I'm looking for representation.

Thanks,

Russ

#81055 - 01/11/05 04:22 PM Re: Let's talk business...

Sorry Russ, I missunderstood you. My appologies.

Gary

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online