SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#81001 - 01/22/05 09:14 AM Don't leave home without it
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
A year or more ago I remember reading a post from DonM and one or two others who went to one of their gigs only to find they left their keyboard at home. I laughed myself silly and wondered how in the world they could do that.

But it always stuck in my head, so before I go to any job I always check to make sure I have my KB and bag of wires, discs and a KB stand.

So...yesterday I had a nursing home gig about an hour out of town and drove there confident I had my KB, wires, discs and stand. When I got there I found I left the powered speaker I use for these smaller jobs at home.

It may seem like an anti-climax to the story, but I had my larger rig of powered mixer and JBL 15s with me...which is really overkill for this room, but it saved my cookies.

I never leave a job without doing a final "stage check" to make sure I haven't left something behind. Now I am doing a "van check" before I leave the house.

Eddie

#81002 - 01/22/05 04:46 PM Re: Don't leave home without it
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The mind is the second thing to go--at least that's what she told me. Damned if I can remember what the first was! Hmmmmmmm.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#81003 - 01/22/05 06:18 PM Re: Don't leave home without it
Dnj Offline

another reason you need speakers on a KB

#81004 - 01/23/05 06:43 AM Re: Don't leave home without it
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Donny SPEAKS !
Where ya been, pal?

#81005 - 01/23/05 06:58 AM Re: Don't leave home without it
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Donny SPEAKS !
Where ya been, pal?

Busy Performing, Shoveling Snow,
Watching the EAGLE Game !
Lets go out to eat soon

#81006 - 01/24/05 07:15 AM Re: Don't leave home without it
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Seven years abo, I was rushing from a keyboard to a guitar job. When I finished to guitar job and was loading up, my Solton was not in my back seat. When I went back to the restaurant I played previously, the Solton was outside in the grass where I left it 5 hours before (man, people must really not like Solton). I also left a nylon string guitar at the entrance to a hotel where I worked. Luckily, the bellman took it in for me.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online