SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#80979 - 02/16/05 09:14 AM Re: Who worked last nite for Valentine's Day...
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I had a very busy Valentine's weekend from Saturday through Tuesday. We had a lot of visitors here and I met snowbirds from as far away as Minnesota and Ontario. Good local turnout too. Fine dining and dancing as advertised.

#80980 - 02/16/05 09:32 AM Re: Who worked last nite for Valentine's Day...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Jim,
I get the impression that you have more of a transient crowd at that place. I like that about this biz .... fresh faces, new stories. I love my regulars, but it's nice to meet new people too.

#80981 - 02/16/05 09:37 AM Re: Who worked last nite for Valentine's Day...
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
UD....Was Mureen there to keep you SMILING???

Tony,
The day we had on the 12th was enough "fuel" to keep THIS uncle smilin' for weeks on end. Sadly, Maureen can't be back till Friday afternoon, so it's a good thing that I had at least ONE of my Valentine's there. (Daughter, Kelly!)

Maureen bought me a beautiful ring from Tiffany's and it was a great reminder of her all night, because I keep playing with it as my fingers feel it. It's the BEST ring for people who work with their hands, because it's FLEXIBLE !
Check it out: http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item.asp...K8&start_id=36&

#80982 - 02/16/05 09:52 AM Re: Who worked last nite for Valentine's Day...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Hey Dave....that's a good looking ring... quite the novel idea linked like that it gives with your movement....

#80983 - 02/17/05 05:38 AM Re: Who worked last nite for Valentine's Day...
Uncle Dave Offline

I reeealy love it, and I get so many compliments about it. Since I was a teenager, jewelry has been more of an obstacle than a bobble for me, and this is the FIRST item that I really enjoy wearing, and never gets in the way.

#80984 - 02/17/05 05:42 AM Re: Who worked last nite for Valentine's Day...
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Jim,
I get the impression that you have more of a transient crowd at that place. I like that about this biz .... fresh faces, new stories. I love my regulars, but it's nice to meet new people too.

Quite right Dave, but it's interesting because some of my out-of-towners are now "regulars" too. We have a big time-share community here so people come for specific weeks/months out of the year regularly and they come back to see me play. But equally often I am playing and meeting visitors for the first time. That's the great thing about living and working in a tourist destination area like Hilton Head, SC - a steady supply of fresh faces who are usually in vacation mode and ready to relax and have a good time. It helps that we are just below the snowline so we have year-round golf here (it was 73 degrees here yesterday). I am fortunate to be able to play through all seasons - it's the "slow season" here now but that's just a metaphor for "slower than summer" because we're still busy enough... just not quite AS busy as in other times of the year.

#80985 - 02/17/05 07:04 AM Re: Who worked last nite for Valentine's Day...
Tony Rome Offline

That's the way it is here in Cozumel Mexico..
my regulars keep coming back every year and most of them bring new folks with them which in turn adds to the regulars for the following year...Cozumel is the #2 diving destination in the world...we put more than 1 1/2 million divers in the water every year
this , is not counting the snorkelers that come here...we just finished with our Mardi
Graw (SP) down here we call it Carnival....all hotel were packed..the streets were unpassable with tourist...I love it....

#80986 - 02/17/05 07:31 AM Re: Who worked last nite for Valentine's Day...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
South Florida is also similar to the other tourist destinations mentioned. Unlike Hilton Head though, the demand for live entertainment decreases tremendously in the summer months.

I am pretty good with names and faces, but during the summer I tend to forget the names of those "regulars" that are seasonal.

Eddie

#80987 - 02/17/05 07:47 AM Re: Who worked last nite for Valentine's Day...
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
I tend to forget the names of those "regulars" that are seasonal

Just don't forget the names of the big tippers.

#80988 - 02/17/05 09:11 AM Re: Who worked last nite for Valentine's Day...
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
Just don't forget the names of the big tippers.

Now that is a very profound statement..hehehe

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online