SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8085 - 01/05/04 05:31 PM Re: Future Classics
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
But I have to agree with the general opinion here that soft synths are the way forward.

And please, let me just remind everyone (in a slightly smug tone!) that about two years ago I came onto this very forum and predicted that hard samplers were soon going to become extinct and would be replaced by software samplers. Back then everybody laughed at my RIDICULOUS prediction me and accused me of being totally out of touch. Now, a couple of years later, we see software samplers being used by pretty much everyone and I'm sure I even heard somewhere that a few sampler manufacturers have stopped making hard samplers altogether!

Right now my next big and bold prediction (if anyone's interested) is that hard synths are going to go down the same road as hard samplers. I predict that within the next ten years were are going to see a MASSIVE reduction in the number of hard synths and keyboards being produced and sold. I predict here and now that very soon everyone will be doing what I'm in the process of doing, and will be trading in their synth gear for powerful laptops and empty midi keyboards. This is the way forward.

The Equalizer has spoken. :P

#8086 - 01/05/04 07:01 PM Re: Future Classics
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I totally agree with you EQ.
Things are sure going in that direction.

-ED-

#8087 - 01/05/04 07:17 PM Re: Future Classics
djboomstick Offline

Loc: newyork
i kinda like my fizmo

the last ever keyboard made by ensoniq

and

my electribe es-1

a groovie little sampleing beat box thats dead easy to use

and don't forget to hold on to your copies of window98se so you can play all your vintage softsynths and stuff in 2020

[This message has been edited by djboomstick (edited 01-05-2004).]

#8088 - 01/06/04 07:45 AM Re: Future Classics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speaking of those groove boxes as being crap. People said the same thing about the Roland TR-808 being crapy? But they became popular again in the mid 90's. And are commanding high prices. So I have a feeling someone will rediscover the groove boxes and say "Hey, this thing is totaly cool" Just because we think something is crap now, 10 years from now will be the hottest thing.

What about the Yamaha AN1x or the CS1x and the Roland JP8000?

#8089 - 01/06/04 08:04 AM Re: Future Classics
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Yamaha AN1x, CS1x and the Roland JP8000 are cool.
AN1X is definitely one of my favorites. Always has been.The filters on that synth are VERY close to the real thing. Portamento and pitch is supersmooth comparing to other Virtual analog synths. I also like the fact that you can "travel" between two patches with the mod wheel.
-ED-

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online