SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#80743 - 02/07/05 03:46 PM Re: OLDEST AND YOUNGEST FORUM MEMBERS
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yep. I think the almighty dollar has infected the (once sweet) hearts of Ryan and his twin.

#80744 - 02/07/05 05:38 PM Re: OLDEST AND YOUNGEST FORUM MEMBERS
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Think of it as a Life Lesson...and don't look back.

------------------
...L

#80745 - 02/07/05 07:25 PM Re: OLDEST AND YOUNGEST FORUM MEMBERS
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Russ and Dave, You guys deserve more than that. I cant even think of taking something from somebody else with out saying a general thanks. I cant even take money from my Mom, family, whatever. It just doesnt seem right taking money from others when you have done nothing to deserve it.

Phil

#80746 - 02/07/05 07:41 PM Re: OLDEST AND YOUNGEST FORUM MEMBERS
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Wazza:
Sheesh, I didn't know people were that old on this forum .
It seems most people here are old enough to be my grandpa .
BTW I'm only 19 .
Makes me one of the youngest members

Hi Wazza,

See, you just discovered something. Most of us er . . . 'mature' folks on here don't come across as older because the music keeps us young, and it'll work for you just as well.

Most of us are children of the sixties and that means we go on forever - well, until the joints get a bit creaky when loading the gear in and out of gigs, that is. You'll see enough comments on here about that, so that's the big giveaway. Anyway, keep on rockin'!

#80747 - 02/08/05 04:58 AM Re: OLDEST AND YOUNGEST FORUM MEMBERS
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Looking through this thread I look to be the oldest (that admits to it) at a mere 79 for a few more months.. Surely there must be someone else of greater veneration lurking somewhere in the shadows..If so PLEASE come out.. I can't stand the pressure!! 'Course it would be nice if some of you youngsters could offer to lug my gear around for me but I am afraid that you all live too far away. Perhaps a small donation or two to help me hire a Roadie!!
Ah! well, it was worth a try..........
Trevor.

#80748 - 02/08/05 05:44 AM Re: OLDEST AND YOUNGEST FORUM MEMBERS
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Pennywizz6:
I cant even think of taking something from somebody else with out saying a general thanks.

Phil,
When all this started a few years ago, the twins were really appreciative. (sp?)
Many zone members chipped in and we bought a bunch of accesories to go along with the kb that George Kaye helped convince Yamaha to donate to this famlily, who was in a time of financial crisis.
We did this on our own - the kids never asked for anything, and they were dripping with words of thanx for long after the gift was given.
They changed their tune afer a while though, and that's what really soured me. I don't regret getting involved in it, because it was still a nice thing to do, and it made us ALL feel pretty good to help out. I just hate thinking that we created a "greedy" monster.
I'm trying to look at it with some separation, and just hope that maybe these kids will remember it in later years, and pass on the gesture to someone else in need.

The outpouring from zone members was AWESOME. I recieved gear, money, and offers to help in many ways..... all of which were packaged up and sent to the twins. The effort was very, very charitable and the members that participated all came together as one to help a (2)brother(s) out.
We never looked for repayment, but I sure never expected a request for a new car!

#80749 - 02/08/05 07:34 AM Re: OLDEST AND YOUNGEST FORUM MEMBERS
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Phil,
When all this started a few years ago, the twins were really appreciative. (sp?)
Many zone members chipped in and we bought a bunch of accesories to go along with the kb that George Kaye helped convince Yamaha to donate to this famlily, who was in a time of financial crisis.
We did this on our own - the kids never asked for anything, and they were dripping with words of thanx for long after the gift was given.
They changed their tune afer a while though, and that's what really soured me. I don't regret getting involved in it, because it was still a nice thing to do, and it made us ALL feel pretty good to help out. I just hate thinking that we created a "greedy" monster.
I'm trying to look at it with some separation, and just hope that maybe these kids will remember it in later years, and pass on the gesture to someone else in need.

The outpouring from zone members was AWESOME. I recieved gear, money, and offers to help in many ways..... all of which were packaged up and sent to the twins. The effort was very, very charitable and the members that participated all came together as one to help a (2)brother(s) out.
We never looked for repayment, but I sure never expected a request for a new car!

Well Dave, How did you expect them to haul all that gear and money around without a car. C'mon now, the least you could have done was give them a new car so they could go out and make a living with all that new gear. Just think they might have even hired you when they got rich and famous
to drive their Limo, fly their airplane, captain their yacht. Say, they weren't from Tupelo, Mississippi were they
Oh well, at this age we all live and sometimes even learn but it sure is hard on the next fellow that comes along
Best to all
Bebop

#80750 - 02/08/05 07:44 AM Re: OLDEST AND YOUNGEST FORUM MEMBERS
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks, Phil. You're a delightful young person, and I'm glad you're here!

Best wishes,

Russ

#80751 - 02/08/05 08:21 AM Re: OLDEST AND YOUNGEST FORUM MEMBERS
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Wow! I always wondered what happened with those boys after all those donations. It will all come back to them eventually. I'm one of the younger ones, but no where near the youngest. Lets just say I'm older than 28, but not over 30 I'm often told I look way younger than I really am.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-08-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#80752 - 02/08/05 08:38 AM Re: OLDEST AND YOUNGEST FORUM MEMBERS
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
The twins, Ryan and Robbie, had their own website where they posted some of their compositions. They were into writing and producing theme music such as is heard in major motion pictures. I don't have the URL anymore, but the music they produced was dramatic and sounded sounded very professional.

UD did a fantastic job of coordinating the donation project. I, for one, have no regrets about helping out.

Eddie

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online