SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#80580 - 04/28/05 06:54 AM Re: New around here and need a bit of advice.
smoke-on-the-water Offline

Hey thanks everyone,
Mark Knophler and Hank marvin definitely remain my favorites.
I find that playing in that style really works with my current techniques and speed.

Although I'm not a heavy metal fan on ocasion I do mess with abnoxious and inharmonic leads, just hitting random notes within the scale, bending, getting crazy feedbacks from the amps and hammering/pulling off like crazy.

So far I've taken your advice and slowly practiced all the scales that I know of including blues scales.
I have to admit, the neck feels more comfortable and my fingers wonder around less and less looking for the right note.
I guess it was just a matter of doing it the right way instead of just looking for an easy way.

Sheriff, I do like "Flying Guitar" a lot and half of my own compositions rely on long delays with tons of feedback and crazy panning and modulation FX.

Jim.

Jim.

#80581 - 04/28/05 12:33 PM Re: New around here and need a bit of advice.
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by smoke-on-the-water:
Sheriff, I do like "Flying Guitar" a lot and half of my own compositions rely on long delays with tons of feedback and crazy panning and modulation FX.

If it is so then I would really like to hear some of your songs. Tell me if you're planning to share some of it with us!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online